How to give more internet bandwith to meatrader4?

I don't know why, but since i started, the bandwith dropped from 8000 kb/s to under 70 kb/s, what can i do?

thank you

daniel1983:
I don't know why, but since i started, the bandwith dropped from 8000 kb/s to under 70 kb/s, what can i do? thank you

daniel1983

As far as metatrader is concerned, nothing. That is an issue that is a problem of your IP or your broker (but even that bandwidth is enough since metatrader is not heavy on data transfer)

Also, consider having less opened chart at the same time (and if you are opening more than one instance of metatrader keep the number of opened charts per metatrader to 2-3)

And the last one : if yu are using offline charts (like renko) limit the number of maximal bars per chart (from build 509 there is a bug in metatrader 4 which forces all offline charts to "thinks" that all bars should be recalculated and because of that, any indicator attached to an offline chart will recalculate all the bars all the time)

while on this subject (more or less)

is there an easy way to way stop MTF indicators or any indicator reporting to the log files

as i read on FF that if the indicator does not report to the log it becomes much less labor intensive for the CPU

i looked at one possible offender, but it had no reference in the code about logs anywhere

is there some code that can be added to stop it reporting to the log?

Thanks in advance, as this issue seems to slow MT4 down alot especially on offline charts

WR1:
while on this subject (more or less)

is there an easy way to way stop MTF indicators or any indicator reporting to the log files

as i read on FF that if the indicator does not report to the log it becomes much less labor intensive for the CPU

i looked at one possible offender, but it had no reference in the code about logs anywhere

is there some code that can be added to stop it reporting to the log?

Thanks in advance, as this issue seems to slow MT4 down alot especially on offline charts

WR1

Indicators that are constantly reporting to the log are indicators with error(s) or indicator that are for some reason using print() command. As soon as the error is corrected, they will stop constant log reporting (on each tick) too. As for the ones using print() all that needs to be done is to remove the print command (it will not affect the work of the indicator - print never has anything in common with the indicator values calculation)

Thank you Mladen, i have about 7 charts with indicators running and not uding them, i will have only 3 charts open and see how it goes,

thanks again

daniel1983

mladen:
WR1 Indicators that are constantly reporting to the log are indicators with error(s) or indicator that are for some reason using print() command. As soon as the error is corrected, they will stop constant log reporting (on each tick) too. As for the ones using print() all that needs to be done is to remove the print command (it will not affect the work of the indicator - print never has anything in common with the indicator values calculation)

Hi Mladen

thanks for the answer and information,

for the ones not using print is there anyway stop these reporting, as can't see print in the code of the offender

it seems fine on normal charts, but offline a bit of a problem and seems to overload the PC sometimes especially with bad / weak servers (ie Alpari)

someone had one of the fastest consumer PCs i7 etc 32 gigs of ram and is still having the same issues as everyone else, so is not the P.Cs, but MT4 itself

which is where the info came from, as someone replied and said removing the logs can make a huge difference

so would be possibly useful to remove from all indis

WR1:
Hi Mladen

thanks for the answer and information,

for the ones not using print is there anyway stop these reporting, as can't see print in the code of the offender

it seems fine on normal charts, but offline a bit of a problem and seems to overload the PC sometimes especially with bad / weak servers (ie Alpari)

someone had one of the fastest consumer PCs i7 etc 32 gigs of ram and still is having the same issues as everyone else, so is not the P.Cs, but MT4 itself

which is where the info came from, as someone replied and said remove the logs can make a huge difference

so would be possibly useful to remove from all indis

WR1

There is in general a problem with offline charts in builds 509 (current build of metatrader 4) and build 574 (beta version of metatrader 4). In both versions IndicatorCounted() always returns 0 as a result which results in indicators recalculating all the bars all the time (unless they are limited otherwise, but limiting indicators in a different way is not a good idea). That can cause CPU overload

Unless metatrader corrects that bug, what can be done is to limit the maximal number of bars on chart to some smaller number

But the upper does not cause anything written to log file. If it is written in the log file all the time (you will see error messages in the log files) then it is a problem with the indicator code. Some are reporting some warnings on time frame or start, but those are not a problem. Problem are the ones reporting errors all the time

Hi,

thanks

maybe reducing the bars is the only solution for now, but i often prefer as much data as possible for easy reference

especially when trying out newer strategy's and ideas, but possibly the only way and can always have a saved copy and use that with max data

Alpari is really useless sometimes, even with the minimum bars, and not so many indicators, but its free so i suppose it has its limitations

i've noticed the endless reporting on the MacdBars indi, around a yr ago it was making GBs of log files and then suddenly stopped in one of the builds,

but the overall problem still remains for alot of other indis in MTF and offline charts and makes MT4 very glitchy

it also seems to be the way history is used on start up as they seem to have the wrong sequence as while looking for the History data MT4 hangs for ages with these MTF indis on the offline charts

maybe on MT6 or 7 they may address the problem(s), failing that we all need to buy Cray super computers

thank you Mladen,

now i have 2.000 kb and more!

WR1:
Hi,

thanks

maybe reducing the bars is the only solution for now, but i often prefer as much data as possible for easy reference

especially when trying out newer strategy's and ideas, but possibly the only way and can always have a saved copy and use that with max data

Alpari is really useless sometimes, even with the minimum bars, and not so many indicators, but its free so i suppose it has its limitations

i've noticed the endless reporting on the MacdBars indi, around a yr ago it was making GBs of log files and then suddenly stopped in one of the builds,

but the overall problem still remains for alot of other indis in MTF and offline charts and makes MT4 very glitchy

it also seems to be the way history is used on start up as they seem to have the wrong sequence as while looking for the History data MT4 hangs for ages with these MTF indis on the offline charts

maybe on MT6 or 7 they may address the problem(s), failing that we all need to buy Cray super computers

Which exact MacdBars indi are you using?

Hi

the one below

although don't use it much anymore, as prefer some of the other indis and also the Macd crossover Histo,

but the Macd crossover Histo stops MT4 opening completely when on offline charts and in MTF

the reporting seems to of stopped now though a few months ago, maybe 6 months ago,

but noticed something was using loads of the main Hard drive and turned out to be this, and was loging many GBs a day

but seems ok now

possibly it was something to do with an Array error, but was a while ago, so cant remember exactly

one thing the MacdBars indi is good for, is on strategy tester, and just use the max bars as the speed and works really well

Files:
macdbars.mq4  6 kb
Reason: