EA hotkey manually open close trades in backtester (CL_EC_01_ManualTradingBackTester)

CL_EC_01_ManualTradingBackTester

Before a strategy is fully automated into an expert adviser, traders usually need to visually test the strategy using historic data or forward testing for a period of time to check system performance. These method is either inaccurate or time consuming.

Manual trading back tester allows trader manually control opening and exiting trades using hot keys with MT4 strategy tester, this simple and elegant tool also provide key features such as MM lot control, trade management break even and trailing stop, as well as instant display of performance data over testing period.

Key Features:

1. Open and close trades using user defined hot key.

2. Allow buy and sell trades being managed separately so possible to test hedging strategy.

3. Possible to use fixed lots or using MM.

4. Option to use break even and trailing stop.

5. Display performance data on screen.

Current version is coded only work with back testing.

cl_ec_01_manualtradingbacktester_131023.ex4

a great tool which a real treader really needs..

Hi Christina,

Thanks for such a great tool...!

It is a really innovative application to use Strategy Tester for immediate testing of different trade strategies...

Just in case for newbies - to use this EA in Strategy Tester...the Allow DLL Option needs to be checked in Tools/Options for the EA to work...(just Allow DLL...not confirm DLL)

Thanks for sharing your great work to make testing new strategies easier.

Robert

cosmiclifeform:

Just in case for newbies - to use this EA in Strategy Tester...the Allow DLL Option needs to be checked in Tools/Options for the EA to work...(just Allow DLL...not confirm DLL)

Thanks for sharing your great work to make testing new strategies easier.

Robert

You need to have this checked because it uses "user32.dll". Thanks.

Lol, I read it too fast and thought you asked a question but you didn't. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to point that out.

Hi, guys,

I just submitted a new EA that is an extention of this hot key EA. Using click buttons for opening and closing trades, check it out and see if you like it. Thanks.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/183620

How did you access keyboard events in visual testing? Can you share code with us?