US Un-Employment Report on Friday

Another month, another US un-employment report is due on Friday and June has been a weak month and there is no reason for this year to be any different. I think most traders are looking forward to Friday’s employment report which comes in a holiday shortened week and therefore we may not see the full reaction until Monday as most US traders will take the day off in order to celebrate a long July 4[SUP]th[/SUP] weekend.

I would not be terribly surprised to see downward revisions to the prior two months and a number below 100K for June and the USD getting hammered. I think we will not get the full start of trading for the third-quarter until the following Monday.

Yessss, my favorite news release of the month. I'm ready

Kalas53:
Yessss, my favorite news release of the month. I'm ready

Cool results from NFP. Worked in my direction.

EU & GU dropped further from the announcement

I was surprised by the report's headline number, but after looking deeper into it I think it was rather lukewarm.

Rambo35:
I was surprised by the report's headline number, but after looking deeper into it I think it was rather lukewarm.

Got nice trades with the news ??

alanfx:
Cool results from NFP. Worked in my direction. EU & GU dropped further from the announcement

Yes worked quite well for me too Always good to make some money off of these. They get really crazy, I love it.

Reason: