Who is Afraid of Swiftcoin?

The introduction of Passbook saw Apple launch mobile payments on iOS and competing virtual payment systems, including Swiftcoin, had to be terminated. Though significant, and potentially disruptive, six months on from its launch, the iPhone's digital wallet has not been able to generate any significant momentum.

The Passbook app for iPhone made its debut back in September with the central ideas not being any different from what Swiftcoin eWallets offer. One therefore wonders why Apple had to terminate the talks with BNAK, the company behind Swiftcoin, and yet the Swiftcoin eWallet seems to have evolved since September to a version that is now able to securely carry out the same functions at those that Passbook is struggling to be able to achieve.

One thing to note it that there are many other Swiftcoin-related apps currently appearing in their store but that are not restricted by Apple as they don’t allow the sending/receiving capabilities as the Swiftcoin wallets do.

I am not a big fan of any of the 'coins'. I do not understand the obsession with using a virtual currency. True, Bitcoin may or may not be different, time will tell. I would recommend that users wait with Swiftcoin and see what happens.

Reason: