How many hours per day to you trade?

Different traders, different strategies and a different trading ideology all influence the amount of time we all spend analyzing the markets and trading them. I know there are traders who spend eight hours and more per day trading while others may spend eight hours per week in front of the markets.

I think a lot of especially new traders think they have to base their entire day on analyzing charts, following news and be alert 24/7.

How much do you trade? Do you control your trading or does your trading control you?

i'm spending about 5 hrs per day now, but not sure if there can ever be a fixed time for trading for anyone, I feel a good trader will trade everytime an opportunity comes up....IMHO...

I spend less than 4 hours a week which is average less than 1 hour a day. The less time I spend on the market, the better I trade because I'll be able to cut down my stress level and make a good trading decision every time and only pick the high quality opportunities.

mahnooj:
i'm spending about 5 hrs per day now, but not sure if there can ever be a fixed time for trading for anyone, I feel a good trader will trade everytime an opportunity comes up....IMHO...

Good traders don't have to stick with the markets every time if their strategy especially those traders who make their trading decision base on higher time frame chart.

By the way, just trade the first one or two hour of London and New York session and that is more than enough. You may also set your trading time base on the time you are able to trade and follow it strictly.

Not a fixed time. Based on the availability not less than 6 hours per day

6 to 8 hours (not all the time)

I am doing part time trading . I do trading in evening and at noight for 2 , 2 hours. I can not spend much time in trading due to my main job . When I was free I do full time trading for learning purpose this thing give me benefit after and now I can make some profit by spending little time in market watch.

nearly 5 hours

tradingFX:
6 to 8 hours (not all the time)

good...just like me

Rambo35:
How much do you trade? Do you control your trading or does your trading control you?

right now trading is controlling me he he

Rambo35:

I think a lot of especially new traders think they have to base their entire day on analyzing charts, following news and be alert 24/7.

u r wright ...as a new trader we need to pay more time and more concentration

fxsrikanth:
u r wright ...as a new trader we need to pay more time and more concentration

But don't addict too much. Save time for family activities.

Reason: