Learn how to do High Frequency Trading - page 2

Thank you for this post. This is really very informative post.

AT the starting stage of my trading career i used to this high frequency trading with bigger lot size to make huge money which had worked then but now just staying calm.

An interesting link with some more info about HFT : High-frequency trading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as I know mt4 banned 3d party developers to their product. This article is nonsense.

That article is full of problems. A bridge is just taking trades generated in metatrader and executing on currenex, IB, dukas, Barx or whatever platform. Your metatrader data is still coming from your broker (which is the problem in the first place) so why would this be a better option over a good ECN connection from a better broker?

bintbintfx:
That article is full of problems. A bridge is just taking trades generated in metatrader and executing on currenex, IB, dukas, Barx or whatever platform. Your metatrader data is still coming from your broker (which is the problem in the first place) so why would this be a better option over a good ECN connection from a better broker?

You can use "Reply with quote" if you want to highlight someones prior post. Is there anything you would like to add?

Pinkrose:
AT the starting stage of my trading career i used to this high frequency trading with bigger lot size to make huge money which had worked then but now just staying calm.

If we are good and experienced in picking up high frequency trades then we can use reasonable big lots on trading on such situations. But the best way is to remain stick to good money management.

techmac:
You can not trade HFT using metatrader. Metatrader is a kids toy compared to what is used for HFT

Yup! at 250-350ms execution speed at best with fast MT4 brokers (and as high as a few seconds at some brokers) ~~ MT4 is just not cut out to be used for HFT

HFTs usually go direct with their own code, running on a co-located server, and hooked into a broker or exchange's API (usually FIX)

apparently the delay is far bigger than just a few milliseconds - minutes for us

i ve heard as much 15m mins behind the real price

(15m does seem abit long) but was mentioned by someone who's been a pro trader for 20yrs+

although the actual price (time wise) that we see in theory is erelevant as the delay is theoretically a constant

but as with all things in the market things are never quite as they seem

and assume they can shift time and delays and then the price all over the place to our unfair advantage

High speed broadband was invented not for the masses - but for trading

and the fibre optic cable between the UK and US for trading between London and the NYSE

and at first were just going to keep the faster broadband for themselves - just for trading

and unfortunately unless you can afford to have your EAs located in a server a few hundred metres from the exchanges as the big dogs can - then HFT is out of the question

This article has nothing to do with HFT plus you can't get tick data in MT4 so no HFT.

Reason: