Make It No Repaint Please! - page 73

mladen:
That is a centered TMA smoothed spearman rank correlation. As all indicators that use centered TMA, it recalculates/repaints

Haha - anything that appears really useful in the forex world repaints! No disrespect intended to you or your indicators mladen of course. As with most of life, things that appear 'too good to be true' usually are just that....

on my own:
Did you test it in runtime?

I had a look on a few charts and it gave some good signals but have not yet seen it live - but I would take mladen's word for it... Anyway I'll keep watching it for a while in vain hope.

Yup - reload the indicator and you get a different result...

seerkat:
Haha - anything that appears really useful in the forex world repaints! No disrespect intended to you or your indicators mladen of course. As with most of life, things that appear 'too good to be true' usually are just that....

I don't share that opinion

The things is probably the difference of a definition what is "useful". If we are looking for a "perfect" indicator, then we are bound to find stuff like that. But if we are looking for a "useful" in a classical sense of the word, we are going to find a loads of good indicators that are, in a long run, with proper mm, going to be profitable

So, in short, there are no "perfect" indicators with "perfect" signals, but useful, by all means, are not that hard to find (start from the simplest of them all - 200 day simple moving average)

What I meant by 'really useful' is a 'relatively' perfect indicator, the sort where you can look at it on a chart and first glance have no doubt it would make money. Unfortunately these always repaint. Yes there are plenty of other 'useful' indicators that used properly give you a fighting chance. Agree with you.

By the way, speaking of really useful indicators, I don't suppose you've had a chance to make histo versions of the indicators I listed in a previous post???

seerkat:
What I meant by 'really useful' is a 'relatively' perfect indicator, the sort where you can look at it on a chart and first glance have no doubt it would make money. Unfortunately these always repaint. Yes there are plenty of other 'useful' indicators that used properly give you a fighting chance. Agree with you. By the way, speaking of really useful indicators, I don't suppose you've had a chance to make histo versions of the indicators I listed in a previous post???

seerkat

As far as I see, some are already solved (the histo versions), and some are work in progress and first the regular version will be cleared and then we can proceed

Ok thanks mladen. by the way I really liked your latest step ma pdf 4_5. It rocks! The step ma of RSI adaptive ema is also pretty damn good! Thanks! When last I checked there were no histo versions of those, but then again I check infrequently in an ad hoc fashion... I'll do a search for them...

mladen / mrTools,

Is it possible to fix the repainting problems in these indicators?

un-revers - To make it NRP

T3MA_ALARM_Alert_mod1 - Both up and down arrows arrows appears at reversal candle.

chan123:
mladen / mrTools,

Is it possible to fix the repainting problems in these indicators?

un-revers - To make it NRP

T3MA_ALARM_Alert_mod1 - Both up and down arrows arrows appears at reversal candle.

chan123

"un-revers" is the same old solar wind (the usual information about it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179650)

For t3ma alarm - test it now (for both arrows) : t3ma_alarm_alert_mod1_1.mq4

seerkat:

I had a look on a few charts and it gave some good signals but have not yet seen it live - but I would take mladen's word for it... Anyway I'll keep watching it for a while in vain hope.

Yup - reload the indicator and you get a different result...

Isn't that a classical repainting then?

on my own:
Isn't that a classical repainting then?

Since it is using centered TMA it will repaint/recalculate. It only depends on the code if it will do it "properly" (updating all the bars that need it in runtime) or when the chart is changed (in which case that is really that "classical" repainting)

Reason: