Be allerted to the Changes in your MT4 from the 15.April on - page 4

marley60:
I can´t find C:appdata on my disk. What do you mean with access it? Can you please explain that for computer-idiots like me?

I renamed liveupdate and moved it to another folder. seems to work. I have to go to bed now, hope it still works next morning.

I closed 1 mt4 account on friday. If this shit doesn´t work I´ll close the remaining 2 during the week and these *******s will never see me again. f++k metaquotes!!!

It is in C:\Documents and Settings\ \Application Data\Metaquotes and you will find some sub-folders there (depending what metatrarader you are using you can find "Metatrader 4 Terminal" and "Terminal" (for metatrader 5). In those folders you will find the rest

GAIN Capital also announced these changes effective Friday April 19th 2013. We won't know until Sunday if the existing miniterminals are disabled or not. But thanks to the Metaquotes ultimatum, we are investigating the M4 Platform by Modulus Financial Engineering as an alternative to Metatrader products. We haven't found an alternative stand-alone one click trade assistant EA for the Mt4i Mini Terminal yet, despite an extensive web search, and so we have engaged independent programmers to code one. The MT4 (so-called) one-click function is ABSOLUTELY UNUSABLE for active day trading. We will be suspending our active trading operations, until we can get an independent, competent one-click capability. Bottom line is: Metaquotes has lost our business permanently, our broker will not make spread because we will not trade, and we've opened up new backup accounts with OTHER brokers (never put your eggs in one basket)...

mladen:
It is in C:\Documents and Settings\ \Application Data\Metaquotes and you will find some sub-folders there (depending what metatrarader you are using you can find "Metatrader 4 Terminal" and "Terminal" (for metatrader 5). In those folders you will find the rest

i denyed the access to the folders " Metaquotes ->webinstall"...but it seems they found a way to force an update even if you deny access to the folders...this was the case this weekend ...take a look at the orders list in your mt4...if you find a cross right to the "Profit" for closing the order, then you have the newest forced "update"`build 500 from 9 may 2013...imo, this is a coercion! - criminal behavier... i do not have any contracts with metaquotes...they don't have the rigth to "crack" my pc and install anything on it without my permission... in my opinion they belong before court for that....i'm done with this "criminals"...

brokers must be stupid to allow metaquotes to interfere the connection between them and their customer...i'm looking for a broker without this "mt4crap"...

cadolino:
i denyed the access to the folders " Metaquotes ->webinstall"...but it seems they found a way to force an update even if you deny access to the folders...this was the case this weekend ...take a look at the orders list in your mt4...if you find a cross right to the "Profit" for closing the order, then you have the newest forced "update"`build 500 from 9 may 2013...imo, this is a coercion! - criminal behavier... i do not have any contracts with metaquotes...they don't have the rigth to "crack" my pc and install anything on it without my permission... in my opinion they belong before court for that....i'm done with this "criminals"... brokers must be stupid to allow metaquotes to interfere the connection between them and their customer...i'm looking for a broker without this "mt4crap"...

What else to say except : here we go - users do not count to "gods" any more at all.

cadolino:
i denyed the access to the folders " Metaquotes ->webinstall"...but it seems they found a way to force an update even if you deny access to the folders...this was the case this weekend ...take a look at the orders list in your mt4...if you find a cross right to the "Profit" for closing the order, then you have the newest forced "update"`build 500 from 9 may 2013...imo, this is a coercion! - criminal behavier... i do not have any contracts with metaquotes...they don't have the rigth to "crack" my pc and install anything on it without my permission... in my opinion they belong before court for that....i'm done with this "criminals"... brokers must be stupid to allow metaquotes to interfere the connection between them and their customer...i'm looking for a broker without this "mt4crap"...

Isn't that against the law? My PC is my private property and they can not do anything on it without my consent

There will be some very very small print somewhere

and after all MT4 is there sole property

similar to the Bloomberg terminal fiasco

so can do as they want - but we don't have to like it

just lump it

Interesting : my brokers still did not upgrade to build 500. Disagreement of broker(s) with metatrader?

mladen:
Interesting : my brokers still did not upgrade to build 500. Disagreement of broker(s) with metatrader?

Mine is still build 482 too

It seems that it still depends on a broker if they will allow an update or not

Frankly, it seems irresponsible to let build 500 run on real accounts since it has serious problems with a stop loss / take profit mix-ups with trend lines (it is reported that when trend lines are moved it affects stop losses and take profits without ever intending to do that, and that is far from being a benign error)

Now we shall see the difference between brokers and "brokers"

Reason: