Ea-indicator problem

Hi everyone,

I have an ea and it directly reads from an indicator buffer, It was working perfectly, bu somehow now ea reads indicator value as 0..I thought it used too much memory and simplified the code but still returns 0 value.. What may be the problem?I am new to this forum and expect assistance from coders..I know coding but everything seems normal and dunno how to solve the issue..I also made another indicator which reads from that indicator and it also returns no value (0 I mean)

Thanks in advance

Without the indicator and the calling part code it is not possible to tell what is going on with your code. It would be just a blind guess

crunch:
Hi everyone,

I have an ea and it directly reads from an indicator buffer, It was working perfectly, bu somehow now ea reads indicator value as 0..I thought it used too much memory and simplified the code but still returns 0 value.. What may be the problem?I am new to this forum and expect assistance from coders..I know coding but everything seems normal and dunno how to solve the issue..I also made another indicator which reads from that indicator and it also returns no value (0 I mean)

Thanks in advance

can memory problem occur in indicators? I mean if it requires too much calculation and uses too much memory, can this happen? I know coding and I am sure there is no problem in the code, just memory problem comes to my mind..is it possible since there are a lot of loops and it recalculates every bar in history in every tick

Alsı I wanna add that I can display the indicator values in separate window, no problem, but another indicator cannot read data from my indicator, very interesting, in my ea the call function is:

double ss1=iCustom(Symbol(),NULL,"DENEME19",NULL,3,0) ;

Metatrader returns 0 (not EMPTY_VALUE, but 0) when either parameters in the iCustom() are wrong or you are referring a wrong buffer number, so check those. If your indicator works OK when you attach it to a chart the the only possible error point left is the iCustom() call.

crunch:
Alsı I wanna add that I can display the indicator values in separate window, no problem, but another indicator cannot read data from my indicator, very interesting, in my ea the call function is: double ss1=iCustom(Symbol(),NULL,"DENEME19",NULL,3,0) ;

mladen:
Metatrader returns 0 (not EMPTY_VALUE, but 0) when either parameters in the iCustom() are wrong or you are referring a wrong buffer number, so check those. If your indicator works OK when you attach it to a chart the the only possible error point left is the iCustom() call.

Thank you very much,both for quick response and assistance!

Reason: