Best Strategy Testing Platform? - page 2

tampa:
Sorry to ask, but, did you ever use it (tradestation) at all? Or this is just an excuse to "throw some links together" (usually called spamming)?

What, I'm going to spam a forum with links for FPA and some other random review site? No, I just used those to highlight the fact that a lot of other people have some very negative things to say about Tradestation so you are swimming against the tide. I respect the fact that you have used the platform and had a good experience and also that you have taken the time to inform me of this. Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for, the experiences of actual users so you have helped a lot.

Has anybody got a view on Amibroker for forex? Any other platforms for testing purposes?

I heard that Silexx Obsidian has back testing abilities in a program called "Timebend" We have clients on Obsidian, but I have not seen Timebend in action. This is a premium platform for professional traders.

Peter Brandley:
I heard that Silexx Obsidian has back testing abilities in a program called "Timebend" We have clients on Obsidian, but I have not seen Timebend in action. This is a premium platform for professional traders.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

FPA was never a "forex" forum. Neither was it a "forum". The founder of it was giving statements like this (on that same FPA) :

This is Felix writing, and I am the founder of ForexPeaceArmy.com. I started trading forex in 2004 with very little money. By 2007 I was already a millionaire with more than one offer to manage sums in excess of $100 million dollars.

The other part (see the previous link I posted) is also well known, and FPA, from time to time, goes in spamming campaigns like the links you posted. Intentionally or not you are promoting a con artist

Hugh Briss:
What, I'm going to spam a forum with links for FPA and some other random review site? No, I just used those to highlight the fact that a lot of other people have some very negative things to say about Tradestation so you are swimming against the tide. I respect the fact that you have used the platform and had a good experience and also that you have taken the time to inform me of this. Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for, the experiences of actual users so you have helped a lot.

tampa:
FPA was never a "forex" forum. Neither was it a "forum". The founder of it was giving statements like this (on that same FPA) : The other part (see the previous link I posted) is also well known, and FPA, from time to time, goes in spamming campaigns like the links you posted. Intentionally or not you are promoting a con artist

I'm not promoting anyone but I see your point. I think most people will see that I was just pointing you to tradestation reviews but you make your own mind up.

The problem is that there is very few sites left that actually have real info regarding trading and TA

From purely warez sites pretending to be forex to scam sites pretending to be objective ... you choose, but very few places left where real traders and coders are posting

Hugh Briss:
I'm not promoting anyone but I see your point. I think most people will see that I was just pointing you to tradestation reviews but you make your own mind up.

tampa:
The problem is that there is very few sites left that actually have real info regarding trading and TA From purely warez sites pretending to be forex to scam sites pretending to be objective ... you choose, but very few places left where real traders and coders are posting

I agree but there are still a few which I won't mention here. I have nearly 2500 posts on a certain forex forum and I have posted 2 or 3 solidly profitable systems. For over a year I helped people for free and just recently became a commercial member in order to promote a private forum. I'm happy to declare that as my ultimate intention in joining this site and once I am sure this is the sort of place I want to spend my time posting my systems and answering the inevitable 1000 questions then I will do so in the commercial section here. I make a steady percentage return from my trading and a small income from my commercial activities, I'm not going to waste my time posting spam links for dodgy websites. I am more motivated by helping others to make money from trading than anything else.

I am a manual trader and I find MT4 platform is the best for me. There are many indicators available for MT4 trader. Also there is a huge stock of free EA for automated trader.

Jefftimothy:
I am a manual trader and I find MT4 platform is the best for me. There are many indicators available for MT4 trader. Also there is a huge stock of free EA for automated trader.

Ok but have you ever tried doing any back testing using the strategy tester? You can get wildly different results from different brokers using the same settings and time periods. It is unreliable for back testing. That's why I'm asking for information about other platforms to test my long term trend following systems on. Thanks for your opinion though.

Reason: