Best Strategy Testing Platform?

Hi, I am completely bewildered with the array of strategy testing software on offer. Can anyone offer me an unbiased view of which is the best platform to perform backtests on forex and cfd's/futures?

I have heard Tradestation is good for testing but rubbish as brokers. I've heard Amibroker is good too but I would just like to know which is best. I would like some kind of portfolio testing. I don't mind paying money out for something if it is good.

I trade and want to test trend following systems on daily charts so no intraday trading. It would also be good if the software would link to a decent broker for me to automatically place trades too but I am most interested in reliable testing.

Thanks.

Are you looking to do testing of robots/EAs or a discretionary manual approach? I have only ever used manual methods myself and I found Forex Tester to be a great tool for running simulations.

SamuraiFXTrader:
Are you looking to do testing of robots/EAs or a discretionary manual approach? I have only ever used manual methods myself and I found Forex Tester to be a great tool for running simulations.

Yes, I want to test automated systems, I have a few very good trading simulators. I have one or two expert advisors that work fine but I am not happy with testing on Metatrader. I know that brokers feeds are different but I can test the same ea with the same settings on two different brokers and get wildly different results which is a little disconcerting. I would like to know how to backtest my automated systems which are all very simple trend following systems like Donchian channel breakouts but with more reliable data than is generally to be found with mt4.

i think mt4 will fit your requirements

superfx1:
i think mt4 will fit your requirements

Well if you read my post above you will see my reasons for wanting something other than mt4. The expert advisors I have work fine and I have used a very professional and reliable coder. The ea's work exactly as I want them to. My issue is the data available from different mt4 brokers and it's reliability. What I want to know is whether there is a more reliable platform to test these strategies on automatically and if so which one is best?

Tradestation

They do it for so long and in such a way that some other platforms should learn from them

Hugh Briss:
Well if you read my post above you will see my reasons for wanting something other than mt4. The expert advisors I have work fine and I have used a very professional and reliable coder. The ea's work exactly as I want them to. My issue is the data available from different mt4 brokers and it's reliability. What I want to know is whether there is a more reliable platform to test these strategies on automatically and if so which one is best?

tampa:
Tradestation They do it for so long and in such a way that some other platforms should learn from them

Ok, how long have you been using them? Do the reviews below not worry you a little? I can't find a good word in there.

Trade Station | TradeStation.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

Ah, the "good old FPA" : Forex Peace Army | Forexbastards | Dmitri Chavkerov

No, as far as tradestation is concerned I am not worried at all. I don't read about it but use it and that is why I don't need "reviews" like that to decide

Hugh Briss:
Ok, how long have you been using them? Do the reviews below not worry you a little? I can't find a good word in there. Trade Station | TradeStation.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

tampa:
Ah, the "good old FPA" : Forex Peace Army | Forexbastards | Dmitri Chavkerov No, as far as tradestation is concerned I am not worried at all. I don't read about it but use it and probably that is why I don't need "reviews" like that to decide

Ok but it doesn't get glowing reports here either...

TradeStation Review 2012

I suppose if you use it then you know it's good to use so thanks for your help.

Sorry to ask, but, did you ever use it (tradestation) at all?

Or this is just an excuse to "throw some links together" (usually called spamming)?

thv system >???

Reason: