Disappearing indicator ????? - page 2

is it 4 digit and 5 digit issue

some of my favorite indicator disappear when the MT4 turn back into 4 digits

ooh, I got it wrong --

-- it seems that over this weekend, the candle data and the MT4 reset, so it return to 4 digits, but the main reason that the indicator disappearing as the candle data reset, lot of candle bar data is MISSING< so the indicator cannot do the usual calculation and become missing ---

adjustment for crooked entries

these days, I always got

holding for slightly losing position

i.e I hold a tiny loss all the time after entry, then the price rebound to my original entries

therefore

I will

buy by setting a lower Limit Order for another BUY (later) -- lower price

sell by setting an advanced SELL for higher price

this way, I suppose to make some adjustment for my entry price, into the future

-- another strategy, when candle cross some horizontal line of some indicator, can we get the price at exactly the horizontal price, then see which side will the candle inclined towards, and get that side (for direction) -- as the candles may touch the lines number of time, so we MAY still able to pull out (exit) with zero breakeven profit/loss -- just a thought

PULL OUT AT BREAKEVEN is quite a nice thought (as losing or price messing directions get us agitated)

mladen:
Try out this one

It still is a repainting one (as it was told many time already) but at least id does not do the "disappearing act" as far as I could see so far. The upper is this one, and the lower is the unaltered one with the parameters you are using after letting it work for some time :

Thank you mladen, I will give that one a shot.

Once again, much appreciated...all the best

Just make sure to have a small number set in the tools->options->chart->max bars on chart since it is calculating all the bars all the time now in order to avoid those errors I have been talking about

godrich:
Thank you mladen, I will give that one a shot. Once again, much appreciated...all the best

mladen:
Just make sure to have a small number set in the tools->options->chart->max bars on chart since it is calculating all the bars all the time now in order to avoid those errors I have been talking about

Just saw your post malden as I have been away for a few days.

Thanks for that additional info, will make sure to use it.

Reason: