Something interesting, old thread - page 66

carbonmimetic:
ok...thank you for your reply,my mt5 is 821 too.....I don't know where is the problem....my be I try to reinstall it.....

Maybe the difference is in the OS. I am still using XP (I still find it more reliable than windows 7 or 8 for work). Also, does that happens to some other stuff too?

This guy has some unusual stuff :https://login.mql5.com/en/users/dc2008/news

He is pictured holding a big fish maybe he is giving social message ha ha ha

SSL indicator for metatrader 5

Files:
ssl.mq5  11 kb
ssl.png  92 kb

mladen:
Maybe the difference is in the OS. I am still using XP (I still find it more reliable than windows 7 or 8 for work). Also, does that happens to some other stuff too?

I have w7...now I have downloaded other indicators from the web but appears nothing of them!

I think it is a problem of my platform......

carbonmimetic:
I have w7...now I have downloaded other indicators from the web but appears nothing of them! I think it is a problem of my platform......

carbonmimetic,

Take a look at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181413

You will find some information what should you do in order to be able to work with metatrader 5 on windows 7 as expected

mladen:
carbonmimetic,

Take a look at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181413

You will find some information what should you do in order to be able to work with metatrader 5 on windows 7 as expected

Well,

in your link I read:

"A few days ago I installed mt5 and I was having those problems...by the way i installed it in C:\mt5\ , What I did to avoid this problems was changing the destiny line of my desktop link to mt5 and metaeditor this link...

***to mt5***

Destiny: "C:\MetaTrader5 - Alpari (US)\terminal64.exe" /portable

***to metaeditor*** (I had to create a link)

Destiny: "C:\MetaTrader5 - Alpari (US)\metaeditor64.exe" /portable

the command line "/portable" was the solution...now i can see everything in my mt5 folder

One thing... you should not open a mt5 file by double-clicking on it, because you won´t open metaeditor in portable mode and by doing it you probably gonna have compilation problems as I had..."

The autor tell us to create a new link for MT5 and Metaeditor...so I must create a new folder on desktop and put only icons in it?I do not understand....what is "portable"?

thank's in advance.....

carbonmimetic:
Well,

in your link I read:

"A few days ago I installed mt5 and I was having those problems...by the way i installed it in C:\mt5\ , What I did to avoid this problems was changing the destiny line of my desktop link to mt5 and metaeditor this link...

***to mt5***

Destiny: "C:\MetaTrader5 - Alpari (US)\terminal64.exe" /portable

***to metaeditor*** (I had to create a link)

Destiny: "C:\MetaTrader5 - Alpari (US)\metaeditor64.exe" /portable

the command line "/portable" was the solution...now i can see everything in my mt5 folder

One thing... you should not open a mt5 file by double-clicking on it, because you won´t open metaeditor in portable mode and by doing it you probably gonna have compilation problems as I had..."

The autor tell us to create a new link for MT5 and Metaeditor...so I must create a new folder on desktop and put only icons in it?I do not understand....what is "portable"?

thank's in advance.....

carbonmimetic

When you install it, do not install it in "program files" folder (that is the "by the way i installed it in C:\mt5\" part of that post - even better if you install in a partition different than C: ). The "portable" you should apply in the shortcut properties that you create as any other shortcut

That much I can help you. As I said, I am not using windows 7 - too much "clever" stuff that should "protect" you and in the end you end up not knowing what is where and why

Channel ZZ indicator - original by Tinytjan

Files:
channelzz.mq5  23 kb
chanell_zz.gif  49 kb

Relative momentum index, coded by Rone

The Relative Momentum Index (RMI) was developed by Roger Altman. It was first introduced in the February 1993 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine. The RMI is a variation of the RSI indicator. The RMI counts up and down days from the close relative to the close x-days ago (where x is not limited to 1 as is required by the RSI) instead of counting up and down days from close to close as the RSI does.
Files:
rmi.gif  31 kb
rmi.mq5  5 kb

mladen:
SSL indicator for metatrader 5

mladen, is there a mq4 version of this indy.

thanks in advance...

Reason: