Best MACD settings with Haiken Ashi...

Hi Forum,

I try to setup my Heiken Ashi manual system, and want to trade 1h chart only ... My goal is "one side" trade only .. I try to explane my manual system...

Buy/Lonh Heiken Ashi "green" only in a positive "momentum" condition..

Sell/Short Heiken Ashi "red" only in a negative "momentum" condition...

How to optimize MACD settings? ...In Trading Station 2 (FXCM) defaults MACD settings are : 12 26 9

regards

12 26 9 is classical settings. The MACD was developed by Gerald Appel (Appel, Gerald. The Moving Average Convergence-Divergence Method. Great Neck, NY: Signalert, 1979): "The MACD is the difference between a 26-day and 12-day exponential moving average. A 9-day exponential moving average, called the "signal" (or "trigger") line is plotted on top of the MACD to show buy/sell opportunities".

Also look at this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177120

and this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175347

Some people say that it may be different settings and they used it but I could not found websources now sorry (and I used different settings too).

Thanks!

MACD Settings

Years ago I heard somewhere that the best settings for MACD that give a quick response without too many false moves are 8/17/9 the actual settings were up to 4 decimal places however most MACD indicators have extern int inputs and cannot handle the extra digits so these single digit settings will work for most MACD indicators.

DiNapoli periods for MACD are: 8.3896, 17.5185 and 9.0503

regards

cja:
Years ago I heard somewhere that the best settings for MACD that give a quick response without too many false moves are 8/17/9 the actual settings were up to 4 decimal places however most MACD indicators have extern int inputs and cannot handle the extra digits so these single digit settings will work for most MACD indicators.

One more interesting setting (used and proposed by Brandon H. VanLandingham): 25-120 (for long term trend trading)

Files:

Macd with Renko

Another interesting one......use Macd settings 3,6,3 on a Renko chart, bricks set at 20. Use a 'brick' close above the Macd level 0.0005, or below the Macd level -0.0005 for entries, choose your own exits. Not a frequent trader unless you watch a lot of pairs, but it works for me.

While I'm here, does anyone know of a Macd indicator with alerts for levels?

Jeeves:
Another interesting one......use Macd settings 3,6,3 on a Renko chart, bricks set at 20. Use a 'brick' close above the Macd level 0.0005, or below the Macd level -0.0005 for entries, choose your own exits. Not a frequent trader unless you watch a lot of pairs, but it works for me. While I'm here, does anyone know of a Macd indicator with alerts for levels?

Thanks Jeeves, for this interesting idea. I've set it up just now and it looks pretty good! Will try it out for a while and come back here to leave a message as to how it performed (I'm live trading renko and other stuff :-)

cheers mate

Ronald

brax64:
DiNapoli periods for MACD are: 8.3896, 17.5185 and 9.0503 regards

The MACD doesn't need 4 digit numbers. 8,17,9 would be enough. Indicators are not rocket science. They are only informative barometers.

Cheers Hermes

Reason: