Reversals

What do you guys do for reversals?

With all the awesome indicators being developed I'm surprised there is not more for reversals ( unless I'm using them wrong!)

I suggest you learn about candle reversal patterns for this, it's the most powerful imo. You can also use various overbought/oversold indicators.

thank you i have been learning patters and am considering making an indicator to highlight them on my chart i quite enjoy reversals and would hope that one day i can quit using mu current system and move to something completely reversal based (im getting bored)

msquared:
What do you guys do for reversals? With all the awesome indicators being developed I'm surprised there is not more for reversals ( unless I'm using them wrong!)

Hi msquared,

I agree, there is not much out there at least that I have found regarding trend reversals. I use tma bands with half length 160, price 6, and bands deviation 2.0 on the 4 hr charts to let me know when a pair has moved strongly, (or too strongly in my humble opinion) and I watch it for a trend reversal to fade it to the median. Give that a try.

Regards,

Zipfrog

PS I should also add that once outside the bands I use traditional indicators to signal the reversal entry point.

zipfrog:
Hi msquared,

I agree, there is not much out there at least that I have found regarding trend reversals. I use tma bands with half length 160, price 6, and bands deviation 2.0 on the 4 hr charts to let me know when a pair has moved strongly, (or too strongly in my humble opinion) and I watch it for a trend reversal to fade it to the median. Give that a try.

Regards,

Zipfrog

PS I should also add that once outside the bands I use traditional indicators to signal the reversal entry point.

thank you i will absolutly give that a try

Reversals

Im also trading reversals.

signals are generated by positive and negative reversals and positive and negative divergences on rsi and cci.

the big problem is to filter these signals.

some of the signals are very profitable but there are also many semi or non-profitable signals.

using trendlines, candlestick pattern and price-level could improve the results but im still searching for a good alternative to use as filter.