Let`s chat - page 2

i am using the ea for the weekend gaps, not for renko .

I never looked for an ea for renko . With the renko i`m just trading manually . and usually with pending orders ore stop orders.

mihai27:
With the renko i`m just trading manually . and usually with pending orders ore stop orders.

how size renko bars do you use?

with scalping 20 pips do you use 20 SL as well?

well

there is a very very long story with the SL , which 99 % of traders will not agree with .... i don`t use any stop loss for my manual trades , in the worst case scenario i hedge the position . But the ea`s i use all have stop losses ..lol... anyway , the renko i use both on 10 pips boxes and 20 pips boxes. strong trending days i use the 20 pips box, but today i`m using the 10 . Sometimes i close half of the position when in 10 pips only ..like today for example and the rest half i let it reach tp but if it comes against me i might just manually close it ... Lol probably u didnt understand nothing from what i just said.... well you have to get used to this renko trading .

awww,,, ok i see, thanks for explanation

I only ask because I know if you use pending stop orders to open trade when a new renko bar appears, you would need twice the stoploss of the size of renko bar.... so if renko bar appears after ten pips, it has to go 20pips in oposite direction before oposite color renko bar appears. that was just my experience with pending stop orders on renko,,, but i am glad to hear that you figured out your way that works for you.

I had better luck with pending limit orders half the size of the renko bar, so if new bar formed I would not enter until bar retrace half the size of the bar so that way my sl and tp could be 1:1 risk reward ratio. but then also I miss out on allot of trades if my limit does not get triggered before new bar forms.

but now if i am trading with renko i just enter as soon as it close above/below recent fractal and that seem to work good.

another

another day , another party . We have some nice news coming up today ... Nice retracements on the main pairs...so it should be a tradable day . What are you guys up to?

Hello mihai27!

mihai27:
another party

I make a trade earlie since asian session saw the eur/usd make a short sell today!!

plus a couple of scalps from the gbp/usd and I grab some pips today!!

how is your trading today?

well till now

made some pips on the cable some on the euro, now i`m buying both

i will long eur/usd if close above 1.3895 level, i know it's kinda late entry but i am like stubborn sometimes,,,,, lol

how many pairs to analyze and trade for you?

i trade

i trade any pair that shows me a good reason to trade it . I prefere the gpb and eur crosses , but it`s not a rule. Now i`m staying as far away possible from the yen crosses. which i would advice all of you to do .

bad days

bad days guys .... money getting injected in the markets .... spikes .... asian ea`s going crazy ... and so on ... lol .

Reason: