Ras id 32491 breakout strategy

BREAKOUT STRATEGY

This Strategy, is a breakout strategy for the GBP/USD and USD/JPYcurrency pairs.

Every morning when all the trading conditions are met, then I place at 09:00 London Time one buy and one sell pending order for the currency pair GBP/USD.

At 11:00 London Time I do the same for the currency pair USD/JPY.

When one order is filled, both the profit and stop loss will become active. If the SL is hit first, automatically the other order is filled. If the profit target is hit I cancel the other pending order.

The filled orders are open until the TP or the SL is hit, but sometimes I close the trade before the profit target has reached as well, depending on the volatility in the market. Also sometimes can happen that I have a sell and buy order open at the same time.

To trade this strategy you need a broker which allow you to trade cross orders.

This strategy is like a long term investment and very powerful.

It is very important to have the discipline and to follow strict the 1 % Money Management. And to take all the recommended trades.

My statement at MT Intelligence | States BREAKOUT STRATEGY

BIG BEN | Rent a Signal

If you have any question about the strategy feel free to contact me tradingforex24com@gmail.com

Happy trading

Uwe

This Strategy, is a breakout strategy for the GBP/USD and USD/JPY currency pairs.

It is true that trading a breakout strategy can be a gold mine. In the financial markets, nothing works better than breakouts because every big move starts as a breakout from consolidation.

The Breakout Strategy relies on choppy movement in the Forex pairs GBP/USD and USD/JPY during the Asian session. After the European Market open, the market reacts more quickly and there is a high probability that price will breakout from consolidation. What is important here as well is the fundamental concept, that the price moves much further during the day. Because the night range is most often just a small fragment of the daily range, there is a high probability that price will break from consolidation and it will hit at least one of the targets placed close to the consolidation area. Of course there is a small chance that price will stay in a small range all day long. However, usually news events are moving the market and price makes new highs or lows during the day. Finally, the market moves in one main direction. My goal is to profit from the short-term trend in a single day.

The distance between the upper target is equal to the range. The same holds for the lower target. Since the daily range will overrun the night range, in most of the time at least one of my targets will be reached. If one target is missed, the market change direction and profit on the other side to recover the loss.

I trade all breakouts and that's my unique way. Most traders trying to filter false breakouts or they give up and stop trading after a false breakout. Actually, nobody can predict the market.

This strategy is based on the fact that price is forming a consolidation from time to time because of slower movement.

It is not a Holy Grail working 100%, but the odds will work for me. And that is what successful trading is all about; having the odds working in my favour!

Every morning when all the trading conditions are met, then I place at 09:00 London Time one buy stop and one sell stop order for the currency pair GBP/USD.

The pending orders are valid for the GBP/USD until next day 08:30 and for the USD/JPY until 10:30 London Time.

Now you can divide all possible situations into four classes.

• Class A: One true breakout, full profit
  • Class B: One false and one true breakout, I end up at break even
  • Class C: One false breakout. This can happen since the position was
  • opened too long, the second order was cancelled and not filled.

I lost

• Class D: Two false breakouts. This is the worst case scenario. I lost both
  • trades per day

I have determined the percent occurrence of every scenario over the past 4years.

Below is the prove that the Breakout Strategy worked over the pas 4 year.

This Strategy, is a breakout strategy for the GBP/USD and USD/JPY currency pairs.

It is true that trading a breakout strategy can be a gold mine. In the financial markets, nothing works better than breakouts because every big move starts as a breakout from consolidation.

The Breakout Strategy relies on choppy movement in the Forex pairs GBP/USD and USD/JPY during the Asian session. After the European Market open, the market reacts more quickly and there is a high probability that price will breakout from consolidation. What is important here as well is the fundamental concept, that the price moves much further during the day. Because the night range is most often just a small fragment of the daily range, there is a high probability that price will break from consolidation and it will hit at least one of the targets placed close to the consolidation area. Of course there is a small chance that price will stay in a small range all day long. However, usually news events are moving the market and price makes new highs or lows during the day. Finally, the market moves in one main direction. My goal is to profit from the short-term trend in a single day.

The distance between the upper target is equal to the range. The same holds for the lower target. Since the daily range will overrun the night range, in most of the time at least one of my targets will be reached. If one target is missed, the market change direction and profit on the other side to recover the loss.

I trade all breakouts and that's my unique way. Most traders trying to filter false breakouts or they give up and stop trading after a false breakout. Actually, nobody can predict the market.

This strategy is based on the fact that price is forming a consolidation from time to time because of slower movement.

It is not a Holy Grail working 100%, but the odds will work for me. And that is what successful trading is all about; having the odds working in my favour!

Every morning when all the trading conditions are met, then I place at 09:00 London Time one buy stop and one sell stop order for the currency pair GBP/USD.

The pending orders are valid for the GBP/USD until next day 08:30 and for the USD/JPY until 10:30 London Time.

I lost

• trades per day

I have determined the percent occurrence of every scenario over the past 4years.

Every year the strategy is ending with a positive result.

Now the most important factor of this strategy is my advanced money management rules.

I start trading with a 5,000$ account and 1% risk per trade. When gained 2,000$, I trade with 2% risk per trade, 3,000$ profit then with 3%, 4,000 $ with 4% and at least 5,000$ with 5% risk per trade.

It is very important to have the discipline and to follow strict the rules and the Money Management.

I lost

• trades per day

I have determined the percent occurrence of every scenario over the past 4years. See below

Every year the strategy is ending with a positive result.

Now the most important factor of this strategy is my advanced money management rules.

I start trading with a 5,000$ account and 1% risk per trade. When gained 2,000$, I trade with 2% risk per trade, 3,000$ profit then with 3%, 4,000 $ with 4% and at least 5,000$ with 5% risk per trade.

It is very important to have the discipline and to follow strict the rules and the Money Management.

Monthly summary:

We had a great moth November 2010

BREAKOUT STRATEGY | Rent a Signal

I feel imply showing my results in terms of pips does not represent the success of my trades. As such, I have decided to show results in a model portfolio which better illustrates the potential of my trades. This show the type of growth that is available when trading with 3% risk per trade.

Happy trading

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question about my BIG BEN Strategy.

Uwe

contact@tradingforex24.com

Follow me on Twitter

BREAKOUT STRATEGY

Weekly summary:

6 trades, 4 profit, 2 loss, - breakeven. We ended with -39 pips and I lost on my account $46,36.

At so moment it is not so easy to trade a breakout strategy because both pairs GBP/USD and the USD/JPY are not trending they stay all week long in a range as you can see in chart 1.

To have good results we need weeks like the three weeks before and I hope now the last two weeks in this year we will have a run like last year. See Chart 2

BREAKOUT STRATEGY | Rent a Signal

Have a great week

Uwe

Nice strategy and good consistent results, ill keep my eye on it.

zomg:
Nice strategy and good consistent results, ill keep my eye on it.

Thank you

Uwe

Weekly summary:

8 trades, 4 profit, 4 loss, - breakeven. We ended with -9 pips and I lost on my account $21,34.

It is still very difficult to trade a breakout strategy because both pairs GBP/USD and the USD/JPY are not trending enough to make good profit.

Have a great week

Uwe

My fellow Follower,

Trading hours during Christmas season:

Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th December I'm not trading.

From Monday 27th to Thursday 30th December I will place order if we have trade set ups. But please keep in mind the market is very slow during this time and I expect not a lot of trade opportunities.

Friday 31st December I'm not trading.

From Monday 3rd January 2011 I start normal trading.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

And all for us a lot of pips in 2011

Thank you for your confidence!

Uwe

Files:

Reason: