EA Generator - Need Help

Hi

I need help, maybe im crazy, either way can any one confirm my problem here

etasoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=225&sid=2e5d22c1a806901e82be5ab77f6f1ae9

Now there is the time the MA 1 penetrates MA 2 our positions are reversed, and vice versa if it does it again, all is fine. But if MA 1 touches MA 2. How i expect the EA to work for a moving average

Buy >> Sell - Buy Closed(under the crossover atm) >> Buy - Sell Closed(we are above the crossover) >> Sell - Buy Closed(under the crossover atm) >> Buy - Sell Closed(we are above the crossover)

But when this scenario occurs, MA 1 comes down and only touches our positions are reversed but if it bounces off our positions do not get reversed and we are in the wrong position for the market eg

Buy >> Sell - Buy Closed(under the crossover atm) >> Buy - Sell Closed(we are above the crossover) >> Sell - Buy Closed(ABOVE THE CROSSOVER atm)

I cant seem to make him understand what is happening, its probably should not had been titled a bug, but how to filter this out. My opinion from a madman atm aint worth 2 bob, recons that this should be filtered out of the Technical Analysis blocks

Should go shoot my self, to end my misery of this crazy problem that no one seems to understand over there

ea generator and moving averages

Hi, I think I understand what ure saying. I use this ea generator myself. With moving averages, you will find that when u look at a chart after the event, sometimes moving average will redraw slightly, so it may appear that there was only a touch and not a cross, but in reality the cross would have taken place. So if it crosses below, the ea will open a trade. However if price heads back up, the ma will appear sometimes not to have crossed. This is also mentioned in the documentation example.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I give full details to reproduce it

The EA and source code and Template (MA in 2 different colors)(cant paste links till 5 posts are up) have to copy to browser

hotfile.com/dl/83267766/aa2d467/Test.rar.html

Its a 4Hour chart on EU. Time period for visual mode 2008.10.12 - 2008.11.25(im an aussie, dates are set out different for other countries to how i displayed it). I realize historical data you have may not be like mine. I disable login on my second metatrader after dl all historical data, as to reproduce duplicate tests every time. At very worse i am prepared to upload historical data for EU, but i have re-downloaded data on second pc and it has the same historical data

Now the reason for the template is for one reason only, hopefully the pics below will show, once the visual mode is lined up, then the template date and bars are lined up. Switching to the template has the colored lines to easily identify the trend, Green MA above the red IS Bull, Red MA on top of the green is bear. In visual mode it can be hard at time to see the MA if it above or below unless you mouse over the MA. This makes it very easy to differentiate when a cross has occurred

Now for all those that say it hit but did not trade, im aware of this situation. I have sat there taking this in but when someone says this with the example i have supplied its not logical at all. A fast moving average crossing the slow ma to trigger a buy can not and will never ever in history do what those pics have shown >> If 2 moving averages are the same with time being the only variation, for the given examples

Confirmed because it bought , this means the fast moving average is above the slow MA, it can not and will never remain above that line as it declines(the picture shows the decline). As what he picture shows here, it declined thought the moving average and continued right down where its so visible you cannot deny its below the MA. Then you see it close out

These examples are nothing like the others i had, the other were like a exact V, i will later this arvo look for them

Visual Mode(the links below must be copied to browser since im a noob with less then 5 posts and must click on picture then to enlarge it after coping and pasting, ot it will be hard to see

img593.imageshack.us/img593/1079/40335080.jpg

Template

img600.imageshack.us/img600/4625/10273541.jpg

Verify the Buy signals in Visual Mode - Also added the Colored MA's

img109.imageshack.us/img109/2618/36034312.jpg