MA Channel EA

Here's the my last version of the well-known (the old users know it very well) Expert Advsior MA Channel.

More details here:

MA Channel

Files:
ma_channel.mq4  11 kb

Hi Codersguru,

Thanks a lot.

This EA is really famous one and for now - it is with 4-5 digits broker's feature.

Can it be improved to work for ECN broker too?

newdigital:
Hi Codersguru,

Thanks a lot.

This EA is really famous one and for now - it is with 4-5 digits broker's feature.

Can it be improved to work for ECN broker too?

Hello my friend newdigital! We haven't talk for years

The EA should work with ECN broker if you set STP_Brokerto true

codersguru:
Here's the my last version of the well-known (the old users know it very well) Expert Advsior MA Channel.

More details here:

MA Channel

codersguru:
Hello my friend newdigital! We haven't talk for years The EA should work with ECN broker if you set STP_Brokerto true

More details here:

MA Channel

Hi Codersguru,

can you tell me whats the TF it is for EUUSD and whats the settings are the best.

Do you have results??

regards

gatowman

Hello my friends,

I am testing this EA. Can somebody please tell me what produces the signal for this ea? Does it open the order when the top or bottom channels are hit?

Thank you,

Kinjaheed

Hey guys, I tried this code on a FXCM demo account but did not work, it said it made trades but never actually made a trade. It works fine on Forex.com's version which is currently 4 digits for the EUR/USD and I actively trade with this EA. Anyway, Forex is going to 5 digits after next week and I want to know if it is my EA or maybe the demo account that wasn't working correctly to trade with 5 digits. I think from what I have seen posted here it should work, but any insight on this issue would be helpful. Thanks for the help

Here is my code

if(Point == 0.00001) g_point = 0.0001;

else{

if(Point == 0.001) g_point = 0.01;

else g_point = Point;

}

Hey,

Try this code:

double GetPoint(string symbol = "")

{

if(symbol=="" || symbol == Symbol())

{

if(Point==0.00001) return(0.0001);

else if(Point==0.001) return(0.01);

else return(Point);

}

else

{

RefreshRates();

double tPoint = MarketInfo(symbol,MODE_POINT);

if(tPoint==0.00001) return(0.0001);

else if(tPoint==0.001) return(0.01);

else return(tPoint);

}

}[/PHP]

In your project replace any line that uses Point with a GetPoint function.

Or create a global variable in the top of your project like this:

[PHP]double mPoint = 0.0001;

int init()

{

mPoint = GetPoint();

return(0);

}

Then you can use mPoint in the places you use Point.

bestdarntootingood:
Hey guys, I tried this code on a FXCM demo account but did not work, it said it made trades but never actually made a trade. It works fine on Forex.com's version which is currently 4 digits for the EUR/USD and I actively trade with this EA. Anyway, Forex is going to 5 digits after next week and I want to know if it is my EA or maybe the demo account that wasn't working correctly to trade with 5 digits. I think from what I have seen posted here it should work, but any insight on this issue would be helpful. Thanks for the help

Here is my code

if(Point == 0.00001) g_point = 0.0001;

else{

if(Point == 0.001) g_point = 0.01;

else g_point = Point;

}

This EA is using the SMA Channel retrace.

It opens a buy order once the price drop down the channel and opens a sell once the price goes above the channel.

The theory is the price tends to stay inside the channel and when it goes outside it will go inside again.

kinjaheed:
Hello my friends,

I am testing this EA. Can somebody please tell me what produces the signal for this ea? Does it open the order when the top or bottom channels are hit?

Thank you,

Kinjaheed

codersguru:

More details here:

MA Channel

Hi codersguru,

Thanks for coding this EA. I was looking for something like this, but with different trading rules:

Open a Buy when a candle opens above the UpperSMA and close that trade (and immediately open a Sell) when a candle opens below the LowerSMA. Sounds simple enough, but when I modify the code to open a buy/sell as described here, the EA does just that but then keeps that trade open, no matter if any candles after that open below/above the LowerSMA or UpperSMA. In order to trade from one signal to the next, I've set the TakeProfit and StopLoss to 1000 pips, but as just mentioned, the EA just keeps one trade open 'till price hits TakeProfit or StopLoss and then opens the next trade (Buy if next candle is above the UpperSMA or Sell if next candle is below the LowerSMA).

I know this is an old thread, so you probably won't read this comment, but if you do, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ronald

Reason: