Before Clicking BUY/SELL

The other day I was looking for a job and walked into a union headquarters. On the way out of the building I met a trading "expert". He had given classes for years for other forex training companies. He quit when he started to feel as though all of his effort was being used by his superiors just to upsell his clients on various products.

He had been approached about making his students advance too fast before the company got a chance to sell this or that product.

he started showing me some trading set ups that he uses. I was leaving soon and he knew that so his sharing was rather fast and loose. But what I do recall is when he talked about how indicators lie. That we need confirmations. He used S and R, MAs and ADX to confirm. This left me wondering...

Before clicking Buy or Sell what do you (by habit) check as a confirmation?

I am coding now more than trading. I don't manual trade at all, but I'm still curious because this guys presentation got me going, and I don't have the 3000 dollars to pay for his class. So as I said...

No matter what system you're using, Before clicking Buy or Sell what do you (by habit) check as a confirmation?

Jamal

I'll go first.

Well if we're talking about the few trades that I did make manually, I always check the Stochastics on higher time frames before I take a trade.

And as I said, A man I met always checks ADX as the last confirmation before he takes a trade.