Correct use of Murray Math

I have found MM levels quite interesting and useful. I have been testing various MM.mq files on MT4 coded and shared by kind people.

I;ve been checking all the MM threads and downloading whatever I could find. Most of these threads quite old some going back few years. Anyhow, most promising so far I found are:

Murrey_Math_Line_X.mq4

MM Murrey_Math_MT4_Period_VG.mq4

These give customization of line colors etc. They could also have optional line based alarms... Perhaps somebody will come up with alarm versions. By alarms, I mean user have option to set an alarm (pop-up and sound) for any specific line/s, not predefined alarms that pops/sounds with every lines.

Alarms is the minor issue. The main issue for me is correct settings and operation.

I'm not altogether clear about period settings for different time frames. I read on somewhere - another forum, person was saying use:

For H1 TF P=64 MMPeriod=60

For M15 P=64 MMPeriod=15

For M5 P=32 MMperiod=5

According to above logic for M1 P=16 MMperiod=1 However this doesn't seem to be working as it skews the lines kind of very near to each other.

Could anybody with knowledge and experience with MM tell me what is the correct settings for above time frames. M1 is especially important to me as I do scalping a lot.

Currently, I'm using it with all charts

P=64

MMPeriod=0

However, I'm not so sure about it's validity.

Additionally, I'm using Murrey_Math_Line_X.mq4 on one MT broker and MM Murrey_Math_MT4_Period_VG.mq4 on another. Both broker has quite similar prices and my settings for both on M1 chart, same currency pair but same candles are showing on/around different lines. While one is around 3/8 other is around 7/8 Quite a big difference?

I found a version which seems to works with all timeframes and shifts lines automatically as needed.

This version didn't offer line colors change, therefore I have modified the line colors in code so that they sits in the background more subtly.

Files:

xard777:
I like the changes....

....I use this version if it helps any...

Here is a picture showing 30m chart EURUSD - http://i.imgur.com/IoI2D.png

Xard777

Please share the template on your 30 min chart or the list of indicators with their settings. Thanks

Hello

I am found experimental free 30 min chart system, мaybe this will help create one new template to xard.

Files:

My version I use successfully..

Hi,

If you are interested in testing this one. I changed the line colours and added explanations next to the MM [0/8] etc. for better visuals.

Best wishes.

MobbyD:
I found a version which seems to works with all timeframes and shifts lines automatically as needed. This version didn't offer line colors change, therefore I have modified the line colors in code so that they sits in the background more subtly.

I like the changes....

....I use this version if it helps any...

Here is a picture showing 30m chart EURUSD - http://i.imgur.com/IoI2D.png

Xard777

Reason: