Yet another Timeframe question

Hi again.

Just read almost all I could find in forums on timeframe topic and got confused a lot.

What I don't understand is :
why even people ask what timeframe they tweak their EA to ? or why is it even important to have an EA for a specific timeframe and only use it on that TF ?

why some people want to run an EA on one timeframe of instrument X/Y, and another EA on another timeframe of the same instrument ?
because the EA is not perfect in some sense (handling different timeframes) ?

Is all these timeframe questions and concerns just about backtesting issues?
cause, as far as i've learned so far, an EA can be made to work on ANY timeframe, whether activated on that timeframe or not. right ?

I want my EA to analyze M1, M5, M15 ,..., to D1 candles altogether, and data for all candles in all timeframes is available for the EA to do whatever it does.
So if EA is drag and dropped on any chart of any TF, it can do it's work.

why there are timeframe-specific EA's? does that mean they ask the EA user to run it ONLY on that specific tiemframe ?

sorry, seems too many questions flooded out of my head

Code2219 but probably 2319:

Hi again.

Just read almost all I could find in forums on timeframe topic and got confused a lot.

What I don't understand is :
why even people ask what timeframe they tweak their EA to ? or why is it even important to have an EA for a specific timeframe and only use it on that TF ?

why some people want to run an EA on one timeframe of instrument X/Y, and another EA on another timeframe of the same instrument ?
because the EA is not perfect in some sense (handling different timeframes) ?

Is all these timeframe questions and concerns just about backtesting issues?
cause, as far as i've learned so far, an EA can be made to work on ANY timeframe, whether activated on that timeframe or not. right ?

I want my EA to analyze M1, M5, M15 ,..., to D1 candles altogether, and data for all candles in all timeframes is available for the EA to do whatever it does.
So if EA is drag and dropped on any chart of any TF, it can do it's work.

why there are timeframe-specific EA's? does that mean they ask the EA user to run it ONLY on that specific tiemframe ?

sorry, seems too many questions flooded out of my head

If you're EA uses only tick data it won't need no tick data. But as soon as you involve in your strategy timeframe-dependant data like OHLC price you asked for previously : timeframe will matter ! 

It seems logical.

Icham Aidibe:

If you're EA uses only tick data it won't need no tick data.

What ? :S

Icham Aidibe:

... as soon as you involve in your strategy timeframe-dependant data like OHLC price you asked for previously : timeframe will matter ! 

My plan is to collect OHLC data for a limited number of candles I'm gonna need. ( i.e. last 5 closed candles)
so each time a new candle is formed in M1 ,M5, ,..., D1 charts for the current pair, it's gonna re-collect the last 5 candles OHLC data for each timeframe.

does this procedure , make my EA independent of he timeframe it was used on ?

Code2219 but probably 2319:

What ? :S

My plan is to collect OHLC data for a limited number of candles I'm gonna need. ( i.e. last 5 closed candles)
so each time a new candle is formed in M1 ,M5, ,..., D1 charts for the current pair, it's gonna re-collect the last 5 candles OHLC data for each timeframe.

does this procedure , make my EA independent of he timeframe it was used on ?

If you're trading based on these differents values of price per timeframe why not, it'll always collect the same price per timeframe whatever the timeframe the ea is attached to.

CopyClose(_Symbol,PERIOD_M1,0,5,closetf1);
CopyClose(_Symbol,PERIOD_M15,0,5,closetf15);

or ... 

CopyClose(_Symbol,PERIOD_CURRENT,0,5,closeprice); // Whatever the timeframe you chose, it'll collect data in the same array
Reason: