How to make a very simple EA?

Hi everyone,

I signed up not long ago for this excellent forum and the threads have helped generate for me a greater understanding of forex and MT4.

Currently I am doing research into EA and was wondering how I could set up a system that only trades at a certain time each day with no indicators involved. I understand that this is very very basic and perhaps illogical but could someone please lend me a hand?

I want to create such an EA so I could use the Strategy Tester and satisfy my curiosity concerning 'time frame' trading.

Cheers,

Dave

Time-Based EA's

hamstar:
Hi everyone,

I signed up not long ago for this excellent forum and the threads have helped generate for me a greater understanding of forex and MT4.

Currently I am doing research into EA and was wondering how I could set up a system that only trades at a certain time each day with no indicators involved. I understand that this is very very basic and perhaps illogical but could someone please lend me a hand?

I want to create such an EA so I could use the Strategy Tester and satisfy my curiosity concerning 'time frame' trading.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Not illogical at all .... Time-Based functions are actually at the core of many EA's useful for many different strategies...both ranging and trending.

Here's two Time-Based EA's for you to play with and learn from.

Both have different time code so you can see and learn different ways how to do it. There may be other versions out there as well.

Meanwhile, I encourage your rampant curiosity...and unlimited learning with these two....lol!

Download and save the originals and make copies of both versions to play with in the Strategy Tester to see the difference.

I hope this helps you get started. Good Luck and have fun!

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Dave,

Not illogical at all .... Time-Based functions are actually at the core of many EA's useful for many different strategies...both ranging and trending.

Here's two Time-Based EA's for you to play with and learn from.

Both have different time code so you can see and learn different ways how to do it. There may be other versions out there as well.

Meanwhile, I encourage your rampant curiosity...and unlimited learning with these two....lol!

Download and save the originals and make copies of both versions to play with in the Strategy Tester to see the difference.

I hope this helps you get started. Good Luck and have fun!

Robert

Thanks for sharing.

Reason: