**Admins, if this is the wrong place for this thread, please let me know and direct it where appropriate.**
It's been a while since I've been around here. Great to see that the community is still thriving!
I've not had a lot of time for forex lately, but in the last weeks I've decided to try and simplify. I've come across a simple system that could work for multiple timeframes and pairs. I've been manually forward testing on the dailys for a couple of weeks and still have more money than I started with. I did a 16 trade manual backtest of the 30min GU and had 14 winners. That was with a 1:1 RR ratio.
So onto the system (it's not rocket science so I'm happy to share).
SMA 233 of Close
SMA 55 of Close
Rules (at close of bar) for Buy:
OSMA and MACD > 0
Close of bar is > Both SMA's
Stop = Close - ATR(3) * 1.5 (would like the ATR and the Ratio to be variable)
TP = Close + ATR(3) *1.5 (again, I'd like the values to be variable)
Flip it all for Sell.
Money management is fixed percentage risk (Variable would be great for testing).
Why I'd like an EA of this:
1) to test more pairs and time frames. I can go through manually, but it would be a lot better with an EA. Once backtests give the all clear. I'd like to start forward testing for a few months.
2) to play with some more R/R ratios and multiples of ATR for the stop and profit targets. See if it's feasible and how it affects the win/loss etc.
3) To hopefully take it live with a small amount and see what happens.
some things I'd like to consider as add on:
1) only trade opening hours.
2) depending on back tests as I can muster, I'd be open to having an 'x' step increase of percentage risk. something like trade 1 loss then increase percentage risk. But only for 3 or 4 steps. This all depends on maximum number of losses over > 10 years of back tests.
If anybody is interested in knocking up an EA that would be splendid and hopefully a good resource for all of us here.
Thank you for sharing this strategy.
we will check and inform you results.
thanks for sharing, i wish i could program!
Testing and tuning a system concept like this is best done with a programmable trading simulation program. My favorite is Forex Tester. Data can be imported from whatever MT4 broker you wish and testing and optimization is much faster and more accurate than with the MetaTrader backtester.
I've been using and programming indicators and strategies for both Forex Tester and MT4 and it's really a great way to go.