The Koala System ( Newbie Friendly ) - page 5

The bullish close seems to suggest that the EUR/USD is not ready to go lower. What do you think?

find below the research i did when determining the new potential S/R line of 1.3090 on my EUR/USD Daily reviews...just thought i'll share what goes on on a typical koala research... do note it is not 100% accurate more of just a guide... notice how the currency pair interacts near it... the left of the chart is 2006. I basically took the average of that region and hence do not expect single pip precision !

Files:
eurusd_1.jpg  76 kb

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day users of The Koala System.

I hope your weekend is wonderful so far.

In the last review, price action was slow and weak at first and The Koala System fulfilled it's duty by showing signs of no trading. ( Flipping koalas and price cutting through the koalas ) Price action did eventually pick up and concerned about having unsustainable borrowing costs, Greece requested for a bail out near the end of the week. Sentiments improved. A total of 2 risky opportunities and 2 standard opportunities were presented.

The week brought us choppy price actions. With the Greece deficit crisis on the main stage, investors were apprehensive and concerned. Choppy conditions are not optimal for The Koala System. The system is mainly a guide to trade with the trend. Choppy conditions are not trending conditions.

In the first part of the week, two risky opportunities were observed. Once again i do not encourage excessive risky during trading and you should only think of attempting so when you have proper money management. Towards the late second day, continued concerns on Germany's apparent reluctance to partake in the aid solution brought the Euro down. Along so, a standard opportunity was available for harvest. After which, the currency pair slipped back into choppy conditions.

In the later part of the week, sentiments slowly improved and the EUR/USD rose and hovered around the 200EMA. Early Friday, a standard opportunity presented itself. After which the currency pair went back into choppy conditions before closing for the week.

Many folks have been writing to me that having a lower take profit level may help. For example 30pips. While this may be true, we have to adjust our take profit and stop loss ratio too to maintain a practical ratio. I am looking into this myself and i welcome your feedback in the forums.

Do read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up.

Trade safely and remember making money in forex is never easy!

Bloomberg : Greek Protests Leave 3 Dead, Buildings Burning. Why must all this sadness happen ... SIGH

"“When the markets re-open Monday, we will have in place a mechanism to defend the euro,” French President Nicolas Sarkozy said." gap alert? hmmm

Hi all, find below the latest The Koala System Weekly Review from my blog posted here for your convenience!

Good day fellow users of The Koala System.

How was your weekend? I hope it was good. On a side note, the EUR/USD opened today with a forex gap and i hope no one got a margin call because of this.

In the last weekly review, we noted choppy conditions mainly because the of Greece deficit crisis. As The Koala System is a system to help trade with the trend, it would not perform well in choppy conditions. However what i like about this forex system is that it helps to identify no trading zones too, reminding us to stay out of harm's way.

This week, the EUR/USD was mainly bearish due to the escalating concerns over the Greece deficit crisis and it's implications on Europe. The week began with Monday being a bank holiday for a number of countries including Britain. As London is a major forex market, the absence of it gave us low trading volumes as seen by the flat price action. The Koala System correctly identified it by showing a no trade zone signal.

The first standard opportunity came on Tuesday as markets come back from the holiday. The EUR/USD slipped lower on concerns over the Greece deficit crisis. This opportunity was a potential winner if you had a proper trailing stop loss.

The next opportunity came on Thursday before the EUR/USD was overwhelmed with negative sentiments and risk aversion. It tested the low of 1.2520+/-.

On Friday, we had a last opportunity for harvest before we close for the week. That was a bounce of the 200 EMA as the price consolidated for the Friday close.

Overall, the week was a trending bearish week and this could be seen from the price action staying below the 200 EMA for most of the time. Unfortunately due to the spiky reactions from the various developments, the harvest potential was limited. Having said so, when did you ever see the price move in a straight slope? :P

Trade safely and read the EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up.

On my local news LOL " Euro which was intended to replace the US Dollar can't even save itself " muahahaha

we ARE APPROACHING THE PREVIOUS LOW OF 1.2329+/-

Good day forex traders.

Did your Koala System performed well last week? Hope it did.

In the last review, we saw the EUR/USD giving us bearish moves due to the escalating concerns over the Greece deficit crisis and it's implications on Europe. The system identified No Trading Zones correctly especially on Monday being a bank holiday for a number of countries. The Koala System identified 3 standard opportunities.

The bullish relief at the start of the trading week gave us an opportunity to harvest 50 pips. After which, the EUR/USD reached a tipping point and was overcome by bearish sentiments. Late in the same day, we were presented with another standard opportunity to enter a trade. This was probably a trade of patience as the price action slowly slipped lower.

Just before the midweek, we had another opportunity as part of the bearish moves. Nowadays individual moves are rather tight. Therefore i am looking into smaller take profit values like 30. pips. The currency pair went into no trading zone next and the last opportunity came at the end of the week before the drop to test 1.2330+/-.

The Koala System gave us 4 standard opportunities this week as a result of a rather trending EUR/USD. As the currency pair moves into record lows, we may see spikes and wild ranging action. Make use of the 200EMA as we can see it's usefulness above. Do plan your trades carefully.

Trade Safely. Read the latest EUR/USD Weekly Review for a heads up.

Good day forex traders,

making money in forex is not easy. If you want to make money in forex, you need to have patience and commitment. The Koala System is all about it!

In the last review, we saw the system giving us 4 standard opportunities. Having said so, we noticed that individual moves were getting tighter and a consideration of 30 pips take profit might be a suitable one. The 200 EMA continued to prove it's usefulness, often acting as a support and resistance line.

Looking at the EUR/USD 15 minutes chart above, the week was quite a good run for system. As many as 6 standard opportunities were up for grabs.

The first opportunity came at the start of the trading week as investors prime the currency pair for a bearish drop. Sentiments were bad and the money market was apparently tightening. While investors tried to take stock of the current situation, the EUR/USD ranged widely providing for the second opportunity. In fact the currency pair continued ranging into the second day, providing for 2 more opportunities. The Koala System is a trend trader and hence such almost trend like ranges were good for the system to harvest.

As a result of risk aversion, the EUR/USD was overwhelmed by bearish pressure and dipped lower. That move was not highlighted because the momentum was too fast. The Koala System is a defensive system and hence not much risk allowance is given. Fast momentum may be a target of a fast rebound. However if you were still in position from the earlier opportunity, with an appropriate trailing stop loss your harvest may be a bountiful one. After touching a low the currency pair slowly recovered due to improving sentiments with regard to the actions taken by the Euro Zone to curb the crisis. The upwards move provided for the remaining two opportunities.

This week the 200EMA once again proved to be a useful indication of possiblesupport and resistance. I am currently testing a take profit of 30 pips. The market is an ever changing arena and hence we must be constantly evolving or risk the chance of losing the edge.

Trade safely and i will see you next week.

Read the latest EUR/USD weekly review for a heads up.

Reason: