MT4 to MT5 code converter - page 31

indonesia:

Sir Mladen, I need your help please convert to mq5 thank you again :)

Here you go

Files:

mladen:

I don't think about it in terms of conspiracy

When metatrader started they had something very similar to Easy language (the tradestation coding language). Then they made metatrader 4 and changed the language (yes, even then all had to be rewritten, but then there was much less code for that metatrader) And, during years. they got it more or less right and mql4 become a usable language. The fact that they did not do anything regarding code security (they are not doing anything regarding that in metatrader 5 either) and that it (the impossibility to protect coders work) tossed away a lot of good coders is another matter, but mql4 is a usable trading platform coding language. I bolded the previous couple of words on purpose : coding and coding for trading and trading platform are two completely different things

And then someone came to a bright idea to change that all again. Adding classes and object orientated stuff to a trading platform is of very little common sense. Making shooting stars and sexy backgrounds for charts is maybe interesting to somebody, but what does all that have to do with trading? Trying to force object orientated things into a sequential process (action-reaction type since trading is all about that, nothing else) is just adding lag to already slowed down processes in metatrader 5 (for now they are faster simply because there are no users for metatrader 5, but just take a look of the "speed" of refreshing your charts and you are going to see the "future of fast order executions" if there are going to be as much users in metatrader 5 as in metatrader 4) and clouding the fact that they made everything so complicated that it will never be bug free (and I mean serious bugs) does not and will never help in that matter either, So all in all, it is not about conspiracy but about making decisions without considering what will the results of some decision be.

mladen, I was browsing through this thread and just noticed your comment #48.... Brilliantly written and explained... Thank you!! Your thoughts are 4 years old... Has anything changed in the meantime? I mean, changed.... in a positive way for mt5? I have also asked you for some mq4 --> mq5 conversions recently and came up to a mt5 setup very close to what I have in mt4… , however, comparing mt4 and mt5, with the same indicators, same laptop, same wifi router, same internet provider; basically same everything, mt5 is almost unusable… “Auto scroll” often takes many seconds to bring my charts in place. Switching between timeframes takes ages… I have had occasions when “waiting for update” stays for minutes… Indicators do not show-up all the time; they appear, disappear and reappear by changing timeframes, but not always… I use rectangles to draw colour zones (for OB/OS levels) and they do not show up in smaller time frames...Certain indicators flicker annoyingly and continuously; feels like synchronously with the incoming data from the server. Pressing on “Refresh” usually does not seem to change anything, no real refresh or update of the charts… It seems like my mt5 is infested with bugs that scroll in it and play around with wires which control the indicators… it is like a horror movie… I have seen some people here speak about brokers most likely pushing us to accept mt5, as soon as end of 2016… Magazines are now on the offensive to publish stuff like this: http://www.e-forex.net/articles/jun-2016-mt5-on-the-rise.html. I am scared of the times when I might be forced to accept mt5… Hopefully never.

hello sir Mladen, please can you help me convert this files to mq5.

Thank you in advance

Files:
DDS.mq4  6 kb

tetulla:

hello sir, please can you help me convert this files to mq5.

Thank you in advance

For rsioma check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179671/page16

For dss check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180596/page11

Hi mladen,

Need your help to convert these two indicator from Mt4 tp MT5.

For the SDX-TzPivots indicator it is possible to add the text colors setting because when change the chart to white background the font color doesn't change.

Thanks.

Robert

Files:

Roberttrader:

Hi mladen,

Need your help to convert these two indicator from Mt4 tp MT5.

For the SDX-TzPivots indicator it is possible to add the text colors setting because when change the chart to white background the font color doesn't change.

Thanks.

Robert

Here is the spread indicator converted to mt5

Files:
q-spread.mq5  3 kb

mladen:

For rsioma check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179671/page16

For dss check this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180596/page11

hello sir,

thank you for the quick response and assistance.

I have a few problems

1. the download link for the RSIOMA is no longer working.

2. the second indicator is the Drake delay stochatics , the one in the link is double smoothed (sorry they both use acronym DDS)

mladen:

Here is the spread indicator converted to mt5

Thanks mladen that's real quick. Hope you can convert the other one too.

Regards,

Robert

tetulla:

hello sir,

I have a few problems

2. the second indicator is the Drake delay stochatics , the one in the link is double smoothed (sorry they both use acronym DDS)

The download post and the link for rsioma is working just fine - try it again, but I have tested it and all is it is supposed to be

tetulla:

hello sir,

I have a few problems

The "drake delay stochastic" is having a coding issue

Code parts like these :

tmpDevAA = (High[Highest(NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH,shift+Pds,Pds)] - Low[Lowest(NULL, 0, MODE_LOW,shift+Pds,Pds)]);
Are are using future values for all except the last "Pds" bars (since the parameters of the Highest and Lowest are inverted). Also the bars counted is all wrong.
Reason: