Free breakout EA

This breakout EA works best on GBPUSD. Timeframe is not important as it is hardcoded. Currently it is attached to M30 (see live statement).

Backtesting and live trading is with inputs from breakout_ea_1_v1.set file, however you can change stop loss, take profit, risk percentage and other parameters as you want. If you find better inputs or currency pairs where this works it would be nice that you share it in this thread.

Live statement (started from 2009 11 13) link below:

breakout_ea_1 live

Backtesting graph (2009 07 01 - 2010 01 30):

Risk: 5% on one position.

Files:

InvestaLot:
This breakout EA works best on GBPUSD. Timeframe is not important as it is hardcoded. Currently it is attached to M30 (see live statement).

Backtesting and live trading is with inputs from breakout_ea_1_v1.set file, however you can change stop loss, take profit, risk percentage and other parameters as you want. If you find better inputs or currency pairs where this works it would be nice that you share it in this thread.

Live statement (started from 2009 11 13) link below:

breakout_ea_1 live

Backtesting graph (2009 07 01 - 2010 01 30):

Risk: 5% on one position.

what is the problem ?

Mert:
what is the problem ?

it means you don't have the source code (MQ4 file)

thank you

thank you to investalot,

i,ll back test it too, any problem with eur/usd?

i only trade with eur/usd pair

Live vs Backtest?

Your backtest result looks great but live test looks far less attractive. Why do you believe there is such a difference?

I have been testing a couple of breakout strategies manually and the results have been really good but difficult to optimise the setup time period. I have had good results using straddle trades on range from 21:00 to 9:00 GMT on cable.

What period does your EA use. I notice that it does not include any option to change these settings.

acerinvest:
Your backtest result looks great but live test looks far less attractive. Why do you believe there is such a difference?

I have been testing a couple of breakout strategies manually and the results have been really good but difficult to optimise the setup time period. I have had good results using straddle trades on range from 21:00 to 9:00 GMT on cable.

What period does your EA use. I notice that it does not include any option to change these settings.

Backtesting would look more or less similar as this is not a scalping EA (both backtesting and live are in drawdown now). This strategy happened unintentionally: we were making video tutorial for EA Creator online application to show how to create the most simple EA, so it was just random strategy. However it looked nice for some time so I decided to share.

This strategy would definately need some improvements, e.g. different time window for the break out, other signals to filter out false breakouts or dynamic stop-loss with dynamic take-profit in order to adapt it more to market volatility.

Reason: