Direction_Congestion Indicator

Hello to all,

Attached is the description and javascript code to the Direction_Congestion indicator. I have used this indicator with good results on the ESignal platform. It works well at identifying areas of congestion...and showing general direction. I primarily use it for congestion.

When the market is consolidating and in a period of congestion, this RSI based indicator shows 2 PSAR-like dotted lines above and below price bars simultaneously. When the market breaks one of these dotted levels, the indicator only shows 1 PSAR-like dotted line in the direction of the market.

I have attempted to convert this program to mq4. But, no success! I'm a trader not a programmer.

I hope one of the very skilled programmers in this forum, such as Mladen, Igorad, or Linuxser, would take a look and give it a try. I believe it could be a good indicator for everyone to use...and able to personalize with simple RSI length modifications.

Thanks in advance,

FTSDean

Files:

Direction congestion

FTSDean,

Try it out. Difference is that in this one you can change almost everything : in the original rsi values and constant were hard coded, in this one you can change them through parameters

regards

mladen

Files:

Direction_Congestion Indicator

Mladen,

Thank you!

As you have done so many times before, you manage to code what seems to us non-programmers near impossible. You're a true professional. I appreciate your efforts and quick response.

I hope this indicator can assist many of the MT4 traders in this forum to identify periods of congestion ... and know when to possibly sit on the sidelines waiting for a breakout.

Thanks again Mladen ... and my best to all,

FTSDean

mladen:
Direction congestion

FTSDean,

Try it out. Difference is that in this one you can change almost everything : in the original rsi values and constant were hard coded, in this one you can change them through parameters

regards

mladen

can this be modernized?

nbtrading:
can this be modernized?

Not too much room for that, but here is what could be done : direction_congestion_1_1.mq4

Files:

mladen:

Not too much room for that, but here is what could be done : direction_congestion_1_1.mq4

Thanks

mladen:

Can this b improved somehow?

techmac:
Can this b improved somehow?

I am not sure what do you mean. Do you have any ideas?

mladen:

Hi mladen, may you add the usual alerts to your indicator when blue line become brown and viceversa?

Thanks in advance.

lapigna:

Hi mladen, may you add the usual alerts to your indicator when blue line become brown and viceversa?

Thanks in advance.

Yes please Mr. mladen...

could add alerts please... and i think it would good to have an alert, when for instance a dot and viceversa no dot.

I would like to try something...

Thank you very much!!

lapigna:

Thanks in advance.

lapigna

With that indicator the values of both buffers can be present at the same time. It that case two simultaneous alerts would happen. Direction congestion does not work in an "exclusive mode" (when only one state is present at any time) and that makes it different from similar indicators

Reason: