Self Correcting Grid Idea - page 3

by the way,

I found another better way to do it

but this is very stubborn , on the intended direction that the market will be moving

when volatility are mild -- when you lost about -60 pip, you enter the market with the same stupid direction -- that get you lost money -- this way, you MAY recover the lost and reset to zero -- but no more fantasy that you will get lot of profit by having 2 trade on same direction !!

Beno:
Choose your poison, as they say!

DTM

Lol

SCG is my mathmatical way of creating a grid system that adpts to each pair, so the distance between positions differs with each pair if price moves out side the pairs current full range ie the highest high - lowest low the grid will be recalculated

Because the distance between positions is different the number of positions is also different. and there for the account balance required to trade each pair is different.

I know that I have not given you to much infomation about the actual math behind this method but there are no indicator and the method is not effected by trend or wipsaw.

It is by no mean perfect and is still a work in progress.

Just curious, what is the advantage to using STOPs and LIMITs? Why not just open the appropriate trade when the price gets there? Do you, perhaps, want to set it up and then leave it?

sn

MM Grid??

Beno:
Choose your poison, as they say!

DTM

Lol

SCG is my mathmatical way of creating a grid system that adpts to each pair, so the distance between positions differs with each pair if price moves out side the pairs current full range ie the highest high - lowest low the grid will be recalculated

Because the distance between positions is different the number of positions is also different. and there for the account balance required to trade each pair is different.

I know that I have not given you to much infomation about the actual math behind this method but there are no indicator and the method is not effected by trend or wipsaw.

It is by no mean perfect and is still a work in progress.

If you want a totally dynamic grid set up it already exists. Murrey Math expands and contracts depending on the market range and resets if the Price closes beyond the Highest High / Lowest Low. For example the distance between the MM levels on M1 can be 5 pips or 30 pips plus if the MM grid resets upwards you know that the trend is reasonably strong in an upward direction, if the levels are below say 7 pips you also know that the market is consolidating and you can reasonably expect a breakout and MM to reset up or down, if a larger timeframe is also bought into the picture then you then have a better idea of which direction the breakout will occur, using Murrey Math level rules for the take profit and Stoplosss should work as well. Just thought i would throw this idea into the mix to see if it spawns any more ideas or thoughts or am i totally off track here????

Gidday serpentsnoir

The main factor is the set and forget (well check weekly or monthly)

:: one more..

ps. Those lines draw automatic.. it's an indicator..

IN10TION

Files:

cja

The Murray Math is a fantasic system but has nothing to do with what I have made and for those who want to learn more on MM it's a very good explination.

MML

I firmly subscribe to SIBKIS See It Big Keep It Simpleway of thinking.

Beno:
Gidday serpentsnoir The main factor is the set and forget (well check weekly or monthly)

I cobbled together some code, but realised you can't open all the postions at once - you can't open a Buy Limit for 1.60000 if the current price is 1.40000. So you would still need an EA running all the time to create the right orders. Or have I got it mixed up (likely!?)

sn

serpentsnoir:
I cobbled together some code, but realised you can't open all the postions at once - you can't open a Buy Limit for 1.60000 if the current price is 1.40000. So you would still need an EA running all the time to create the right orders. Or have I got it mixed up (likely!?) sn

You are correct in thinking that you can't open all the position at once so your system must determine the sequence at which it's up to is the price is above the Mid point and the last order was a buystop then the next order should be a sell limit. and vice versa if price is below the mid point.

Closing in on the idea, I think...

Beno:
You are correct in thinking that you can't open all the position at once so your system must determine the sequence at which it's up to is the price is above the Mid point and the last order was a buystop then the next order should be a sell limit. and vice versa if price is below the mid point.

Okay, good, I think I am getting it.

Your original intention was to set it up and forget about it with some monitoring. But since the price changes (that is how we make money!) the EA will have to re-adjust periodically to replace stops and limits that go to trades. Right?

Therefore, shouldn't we just use the current price as the "centerline" and open, say, 3-5 orders of each type above and 3-5 below and then replace them as they clear? Buy Limit/Sell Stop below and Sell Limit/Buy Stop above?

Am I getting the idea?

sn

Here are the last 2 weeks demo results.

Not 2 bad

The system is not completed yet as the risk managment side has not been coded as yet.

The float is sitting at $404

Regards

Beno

Files:
Reason: