Aggressive scalp ea - page 21

Hi!

Not to pour cold water on anyone but the signals behind this EA is extremely lacking.

After taking a look at the code, its trigger mechanism is apparent,

It makes use of 2 moving averages-

X - SMA on a 5 minute timeframe based on the PRICE_OPEN at previous 5 minute interval, time-shifted 1 period (MA of 6-10 minutes ago)

Y - SMA on a 5 minute timeframe based on the PRICE_OPEN at previous 4 minute interval, time-shifted 1 period (MA of 5-9 minutes ago)

and

Z - The current CLOSE price at a 5 minute timeframe

When Z < X, it performs a BUY order

When Z > Y, it performs a SHORT order

It is apparent that the creator of this EA is expecting the drawback to be huge enough to absorb any loss, and pray for the price to swing back in the alternate direction.

I strongly advise everyone to stay away from this EA for automated trading, even with a 99% success rate, 1 loss is significant enough to wipe out your account.

Beckham

some good observations...

the next observation to be made is that some of the code is 'lifted' from someone else's ea to be found elsewhere on this board...

To see what I mean you can have a look at some of Perky's work and you will see from what this was developed

ECN Broker

Hi

I am interested in trying this EA but my broker uses ECN model execution.

Would the developer or a senior coder be so kind as to provide a version for ECN brokers?

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Spy

beckham.is.619:
Hi!

Not to pour cold water on anyone but the signals behind this EA is extremely lacking.

After taking a look at the code, its trigger mechanism is apparent,

It makes use of 2 moving averages-

X - SMA on a 5 minute timeframe based on the PRICE_OPEN at previous 5 minute interval, time-shifted 1 period (MA of 6-10 minutes ago)

Y - SMA on a 5 minute timeframe based on the PRICE_OPEN at previous 4 minute interval, time-shifted 1 period (MA of 5-9 minutes ago)

and

Z - The current CLOSE price at a 5 minute timeframe

When Z < X, it performs a BUY order

When Z > Y, it performs a SHORT order

It is apparent that the creator of this EA is expecting the drawback to be huge enough to absorb any loss, and pray for the price to swing back in the alternate direction.

I strongly advise everyone to stay away from this EA for automated trading, even with a 99% success rate, 1 loss is significant enough to wipe out your account.

Thanks for the explanation. I like the frequency of the trades with this EA. What indicator(s) and logic would improve the performance of this code? Everyone that has been following this thread knows that it needs more input from experienced programmers.

PC Biz:
Thanks for the explanation. I like the frequency of the trades with this EA. What indicator(s) and logic would improve the performance of this code? Everyone that has been following this thread knows that it needs more input from experienced programmers.

Truthfully, it is like buying/selling based on a coin toss. I am not sure what can be done to improve on a system based on coin toss.

Could someone advise as to how to use this ea only long or only short. Having used it on demo for 3 weeks now when we have an uptrend the ea makes only sell trades, in a nice downtrend it makes only buys, how do we reverse the logic, bec ause if you identify an uptrend in euro/usd for example

and set ea at long only it takes no buy trades at all, same for short, in a nice downtrend ser it to short only and it takes no trades.

Any ideas how to do it?

Geoff

GEOFFREY123456:
Could someone advise as to how to use this ea only long or only short. Having used it on demo for 3 weeks now when we have an uptrend the ea makes only sell trades, in a nice downtrend it makes only buys, how do we reverse the logic, bec ause if you identify an uptrend in euro/usd for example

and set ea at long only it takes no buy trades at all, same for short, in a nice downtrend ser it to short only and it takes no trades.

Any ideas how to do it?

Geoff

It's in post #18 of this thread.

Maji:
Truthfully, it is like buying/selling based on a coin toss. I am not sure what can be done to improve on a system based on coin toss.

There is an ongoing discussion regarding a successful manual system using two indicators for price confirmation at:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179557

Would it be possible to replace the current indicators in the Escape ea with the indicators of the Mr. Nims system?

its too simple

simple's EA will gain then what for we go and make a complicated EA?

loh2005:
simple's EA will gain then what for we go and make a complicated EA?

make profit using this EA...

follow trend from H4..if H4 buy then activate EA and set to buy only..

Reason: