Eurusd/gbpusd - page 239

avi1:
thx all of you have a green day 4136 4124 4117 4105 4098 4077

ph 4266? 4066 4054 4047

Good morning AVI and all,

I wish you all success for this very profitable day!

I'm very very surprised that I didn't get a valid short signal before the rapid decline in prices.

I'll talk to myself.

Bullish harmonic pattern on the 1 hr TF also close to daily pivot. Seems that a 'Gaz' edge trade is developing; I watch but don't trade these setups.

I expect the price to retrace to 6513 but don't have a valid setup so I can't trade.

I hope these break-outs continue for a few weeks. They have developed into very nice 150+ pip moves. Monday was great as managed to get it the move at about 6am UK time so made many pips. Yesterday about 2 seconds after the CPI I was just organising my long entry but the price broke before I had the chance to click buy.

Caught GU the break yesterday 13:25ish and the price went to my 40 pip PT, however I didn't close the position because I had several other short signals at a lower price. Unfortunately, I hadn't incorporated a robust rule to deal with additional short signals and made the mistake of increasing the profit target based on the additional signals. Thus the price hit my original PT then broke higher. Things got a little confusing after that as the price went back to my break-even position and I then had a long signal but still hadn't been stopped out on my short. So basically, I didn't take the long and then the price broke out 200 pips! But I managed to make 40 pips from a trade earlier.

Anyway, the good thing is that I have a firm rule to deal with such events in the future so I won't be caught out by that dilemma again.

So now I'm just waiting for the next signal. I'm not sure if it is likely to be up or down as my laptop isn't working but Sony should be collecting it in a few days to fix. But to be honest, it doesn't matter if the price goes up or down I'll still catch the pips and be +pips by the end of the day.

Bored bored bored.

Trading shouldn't be exciting. If done correctly it should be very dull and boring. So I must be doing the right things because I am truly bored beyond belief.

Just waiting for my edge to be triggered then I pull the trigger, set the stop-loss and profit target (at least 2 * SL) then wait for one of them to be hit. Risk between 0.5-2% per trade no more than 6 times per day = boredom!

firscall:
Good morning AVI and all, I wish you all success for this very profitable day!

look at c4 thread post 7014.

firscall:
I'll talk to myself. Bullish harmonic pattern on the 1 hr TF also close to daily pivot. Seems that a 'Gaz' edge trade is developing; I watch but don't trade these setups.

please transelate gaz edge

Well I received a signal at 6454.

Profit target of 6414. Stop at 6474. The price spiked through my stop after news then went straight down to my PT. Trading can be cruel like that. Waiting for next signal.

Reason: