Eurusd/gbpusd - page 2233

whisperer:
Push it even lower : Yellen is going to do that as a "gift" to Trump
I can't wait to see what would happen.

The pair is trading almost flat, seems have lost its downward strength, but the risk remains on the downside, critical support zone lies around 1.2500/20.

EUR/USD has formed an inverted hammer candlestick on the weekly time-frame above the support at 1.0500 after its move to the downside last week. A bounce to the upside is possible, but it's unlikely that will occur before the FED interest rate decision announcement later this week.

EUR/USD is still testing the resistance at 1.0650. A breakout above that level will likely lead to a further move to the upside towards 1.0700.

We are going to have a huge whipsaw today

EUR/USD continues consolidating under the resistance at 1.0650. I don't expect a breakout before the FED interest rate announcement later today and I have decided to close all my positions and wait for the news.

Compared to normal rate hikes, this was nothing. Oh well, waiting the next one

whisperer:
Compared to normal rate hikes, this was nothing. Oh well, waiting the next one
The market is pricing in the expected future hikes - now they can not agree on 2 or 3 hikes in 2017

EUR/USD formed a new historical low today at 1.0394 after the FED interest rate hike yesterday, although it bounced off that level afterwards. The pair is still very bearish and it could soon break below 1.0400 as well. It's very possible for it to reach parity next year.

Euro is heading toward parity. No stop now
Reason: