Buyer_lots_multiplier

I reread the first post today on using the signals.

I have been using PakPips and Extended_TM.

Previously on PakPips I have used buyer_lots_multiplier 2, then recently changed it to 1. Trades entered after that point were opened at a multiplier of 1, or the same as the signal generator. This is what I would expect.

On Extended_TM, which is currently in significant drawdown, I decided I wanted to change my buyer_lots_multiplier from 1, to 0.5, to avoid any further trades from Extended_TM opening up and potentially getting me a margin call. So I did.

Guess what? Before my eyes, ALL my open positions for Extended_TM closed out 50% of the positions on the OPEN trades. Needless to say I was shocked, particularly as it crystallised losses of about -2,500 USD.

I don't know why changing from 2, to 1, does nothing. And I know changing from .5 to 1 could not affect existing orders (as the price would not be right).

I've not seen any documentation or posts that highlight this massive danger of RAS_Signal buyer_lots_multiplier changes with open trades.

I look forward to helpful comments, and maybe an adjustment to the first post that clarifies the high risk associated with changing this parameter!!!

Please make sure you are using the correct Multiplier settings for your own account size, an example of Proper Money Management based on the account size/type can be seen from my signal below.

Well,

multiplier works fine and this is some kind of issue, not a real bug, thanks for report.

Seems we need to change the way it works to prevent future problems.

multiplier is just that, a multiplier and because that you and another people is having problems. You set multiplier with a minor to 1 digit figure.

Hi cr_redfox,

I got the information that new 1.29 version will be uploaded next week to RAS website. And this issue will be fixed.

newdigital:
Hi cr_redfox, I got the information that new 1.29 version will be uploaded next week to RAS website. And this issue will be fixed.

Hi...to be clear on its operation "fixed" means that the change to multiplier will only ever affect NEW orders, not pending or existing orders? That's what I would expect to see anyway.

How it should be changed to existing orders?

If order was opened yesterday by 1 lot size so how it can be changed to 0.5 lot size yesterday by today ...

New orders? Yes ...

I reported your issue to the developers, sent link to this thread to them and make screenshot of your first post of this thread and sent all to them. As a results they said me today that they fixed it and it will be together with multi-currency version as 1.29 version.

I made picture of your first post on this thread and sent it directly to them.

newdigital:
How it should be changed to existing orders?

If order was opened yesterday by 1 lot size so how it can be changed to 0.5 lot size yesterday by today ...

New orders? Yes ...

Hi...be sure you understand what happened. How it should be changed to existing orders? The answer is it NEVER should change any existing orders, only new orders.

As to what it actually DID and why this post, and in your example? Changing 1 lot to 0.5 lot size is simple, it closed out 0.5 lot at the current market price. This would result in either profit or loss depending on the price difference.

In my case it resulted in a 2,500 loss.

I'm glad the developers say they have fixed it...If I start a new signal I might be brave enough to actually test it on a brand new order to see that it has actually been fixed.

It will be with new version next week.

Reason: