Didgeridoo Trading System - page 2

leo1452:
thnx for sharing,

on your post 9, dont you mean : CCI BELOW the 0 line

you wrote above....

Yes, I have edited this, they should both cross downward for the sell signal.

CCI crosses BELOW 0 for a sell signal and RSI crosses BELOW 40 for a sell signal.

Entries

leo1452:
on your post 10, you say :

RULE B:

Both the CCI crosses below the 0 line AND the RSI crosses ABOVE the 40 line.

But

on the chart you say RSI BELOW the 40 line

please clarify.

And also, at crossings, do you wait for candle to close before entering a trade ?

Hi Leo

You are correct, I have been caught cutting and pasting.

As for the entries, I generally enter on the OPEN of the candle after the signal.

For example, on the attached chart we would enter on the open of the candle AFTER the signal candle (in this case we enter because of Rule A).

Files:
signal1.jpg  27 kb

shouldnt Take profit and stop-loss be adjusted to currency pair ? you wont use the same stop loss of a currency pair that has double the daily range of EURUSD for example, right?

Maybe find the ideal TP and SL with ATR ?

you say :

RSI (Relative Strength Index)

Settings

Period: 14

Line at 0.0

CCI (Commodity Channel Index)

Settings

Line at 40

You mean the opposite, right ? RSI Line at 40 and CCI Line at 0

I think you were doing 2 things at once lol

too bad you cant backtest this a bit, since the i-regr doesnt go back in time... or can you? If theres a way, please tell, thank you

Indicators

Indicators

i-Regr Indicator (a.k.a “Linear regression channel”)

Settings

Degree: 3

KSTD: 2.0

Bars: 250

Shift: 0

Settings

Line at 40

Settings

Line at 0

leo1452:
shouldnt Take profit and stop-loss be adjusted to currency pair ? you wont use the same stop loss of a currency pair that has double the daily range of EURUSD for example, right? Maybe find the ideal TP and SL with ATR ?

Of course, in general I simply avoid those pairs with a high ATR, like EURAUD, GBPCHF and GBPJPY, but you should feel free to do as you wish.

leo1452:
you say :

Settings

Line at 0.0

Settings

Line at 40

You mean the opposite, right ? RSI Line at 40 and CCI Line at 0

I think you were doing 2 things at once lol

Yeah, that's right, I have edited this mistake out. Basically I was in on the EUR/JPY trade and the USD/CHF trade while I wrote up the rules, both trades did really well, obviously. Much better than my cut and paste job.

on the chart of post#10

wouldnt you have gotten in 10 candles earlier ? where both CCI and RSI go below ?

leo1452:
on the chart of post#10 wouldnt you have gotten in 10 candles earlier ? where both CCI and RSI go below ?

Sure, that would have been an entry according to Rule B, you will often see entries right after another.....

Reason: