Read: New idea - page 2

Yes I agree, this system is simple, clear and logic. I think we should work on it a little bit more.

I think we just need an standard indicator to filter good cross and bad ones.

Maybe something to show the range situation....

I'm going to track the 4 major pairs next week and see if I can do some live testing of this. It will be difficult without automation though. Time consuming, at least.

How did the last week go CycleSurfer? Did you test?

Cyclesurfer:
With respect, that would kinda defeat the purpose :P. Aside from the 2000 Ma this is a no indicator strategy.

The problem with indicators is that they are doomed to failure because the markets are random if you don't have inside information, and even then there is a big degree of chaos. All indicators, but especially lagging indicators, and even support and resistance are not much better than a coin toss in the long run.

The price is not "bound" to do anything. It can move 100 points right through resistance if it wants to, and no one can stop it..and indicators can't predict it.

This system would simply strive to MOVE with the market. There is no attempt at predicting it involved, other than the assumption that it can not hug the 2000 MA forever.

Speaking of random, have you tried the Random Walk Indicator on 4hr chart?

Pandolin:
Speaking of random, have you tried the Random Walk Indicator on 4hr chart?

Can you tell us where to find it and what to do with it?

Rwi

Don't remember where I found or know who created it but here goes.

As always back-test and demo before trading live......

I added two more levels to mine, 2 & 3, as kinda random hack, seems to make it larger and easier to read.... Don't know much about programing, used to have fun with math programming on my TI-92 in college, but haven't done much programming since... Maybe later I'll get into the coding side of MT4......

I like to try different indicators, and trading systems for variety, the spice of life.

Files:
rwi.mq4  4 kb
rwi_etc.jpg  218 kb

Getting back to EMA 2000 subject.........

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175446

Seems to be some Ema with alerts at this thread if that helps.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176161

That's what I've found on the subject so far.........

Tired setting xpm to 2000, guess it acts like a pivot point, see how price dropped about 300 pips in screen shot, not live just history, but doubt that it will repaint...

Cyclesurfer is this what you were talking about or am I still missing the point?

Files:

Here is the EA. Good luck.

Regards,

David

Files:
cs2000.mq4  3 kb
ma2000.gif  6 kb
ma2000.htm  19 kb

Hello davidke20,

Thanks for the effort, but can you add a reverse logic switch to this ea?

My 1yr EUR/GBP back-test is showing it buying when it should be selling and selling when it should be buying most of the time, as most EAs, and traders do. Trailing stops might be useful too to take max profit if there's a reversal. My broker use 4 digits but know there are many going to 5, maybe an option is needed to switch between these too, so there aren't any send order errors when ea is trying modify the stop losses etc.... Thanks again............

Reason: