Read: New idea - page 3

CycleSurfer seems to be long gone from this thread; the last we heard of him he was going to test this system out. I'm sure he discovered it is not successful, but failed to come back and tell us that.

Pandolin:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175446

Seems to be some Ema with alerts at this thread if that helps.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176161

That's what I've found on the subject so far.........

Tired setting xpm to 2000, guess it acts like a pivot point, see how price dropped about 300 pips in screen shot, not live just history, but doubt that it will repaint...

Cyclesurfer is this what you were talking about or am I still missing the point?

What are the rules for this EA? I'm not familiar with coding. Does it just take a position every time the market crosses the 2000 EMA? Any stop losses or take profits?

Thank you.

davidke20:
Here is the EA. Good luck.

Regards,

David

Dreamliner,

I'm sure Cyclesurfer will be back his last post was just on 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM.

Not sure what the rules are either.

If your still looking for a simple yet effective trading system, you might want to look at:

Sweetspots Gold will draw horizontal lines. I'm havn't fully tried it out myself yet, messing with ea's again all day, but think I've heard of something like it before & this indicator should make it much easier to trade. I think an EA could be made to enter stop/sell orders at these lines as needed too, and delete them when no longer are valid.

See Thread at:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178212

SweetSpotsGOLD.mq4

----------------------------

Back to EMA 2000 ea...

I Flipped the greater than less than symbols in this code:

The EA still has a lot of losing trades, but when it wins it wins big.

I set both stop loss and take profit to 50.

I'm no coder either, just hacking again....

// check for long position (BUY) possibility

if(AskMA)

-------------------

// check for short position (SELL) possibility

if(Bid>MA && Close[1]<MA)

This system/EA may have potential yet........?

Dreamliner,

I'm sure Cyclesurfer will be back his last post was just on 05-19-2009, 08:32 PM.

If your still looking for a simple yet effective trading system, you might want to look at:

Sweetspots Gold will draw horizontal lines. I'm havn't fully tried it out myself yet, messing with ea's again all day, but think I've heard of something like it before & this indicator should make it much easier to trade. I think an EA could be made to enter stop/sell orders at these lines as needed too, and delete them when no longer are valid.

See Thread at:

SweetSpotsGOLD.mq4

Back to EMA 2000 ea...

if(AskMA)

-------------------

davidke20:

Regards,

David

davidke20,

Not sure where to post this question or exactly how to word this, but is there an EA designed to back-test a manual trading systems without actually having to fully coding? i.e. Right now I'm having to back-test an ea, not related to the manual system I want to test, and visually mark my trades with horizontal and vertical trend lines and add up my pips. It would be really great if I could enter trades into and during a back test and see the results just as if I had ran a fully automated EA. If you know a way that this can be done please let me know.

PS: I also posted this question in new members intro thread, but haven't gotten any replies back on it yet....

Thanks again............

davidke20:

Regards,

David

try it for 1 year

You don't need an indicator to draw horizontal lines, anyone can do it on Metatrader easily. I'll check out the thread you posted.

Pandolin:
Dreamliner,

See Thread at:

SweetSpotsGOLD.mq4

Back to EMA 2000 ea...

if(AskMA)

-------------------

Pandolin:
Hello davidke20,

Thanks for the effort, but can you add a reverse logic switch to this ea?

My 1yr EUR/GBP back-test is showing it buying when it should be selling and selling when it should be buying most of the time, as most EAs, and traders do. Trailing stops might be useful too to take max profit if there's a reversal. My broker use 4 digits but know there are many going to 5, maybe an option is needed to switch between these too, so there aren't any send order errors when ea is trying modify the stop losses etc.... Thanks again............

I can add a trailing stop and reverse signal to it.

Dreamliner:
What are the rules for this EA? I'm not familiar with coding. Does it just take a position every time the market crosses the 2000 EMA? Any stop losses or take profits? Thank you.

As per requested by CycleSurfer, when price beyond EMA2000 from below, buy initiated. When price beyond EM2000 from above, sell initiated.

Pandolin:
Dreamliner,

See Thread at:

SweetSpotsGOLD.mq4

Back to EMA 2000 ea...

if(AskMA)

-------------------

Reason of having a lot os losses is because EMA is already super lag tool. Putting a 2000 meaning that the price you're referring to is 2000bars lagged. If you're on 1 hour chart, you're 2000 hours lagged behind. Simple price cut through the MA does not mean much, in fact by trading reversal of the logic will win big. Take a look at your chart. When price above EMA, if price retraced to EMA and bounce up again, normally market price will shoot up like crazy in these events. On the other hand, a simple price cut MA will not work correctly, because it can happen 1 bar cut through from below EMA, goes up a little bit, the next bar it cut down EMA from above again. Unless we use an 2 x EMA crossing to ensure price doesn't flip between the MA and trigger too many trades not related to the current signal. Anyways, I made this EA with exact logic according to CycleSurfer's 1st post.

Pandolin:
davidke20,

Not sure where to post this question or exactly how to word this, but is there an EA designed to back-test a manual trading systems without actually having to fully coding? i.e. Right now I'm having to back-test an ea, not related to the manual system I want to test, and visually mark my trades with horizontal and vertical trend lines and add up my pips. It would be really great if I could enter trades into and during a back test and see the results just as if I had ran a fully automated EA. If you know a way that this can be done please let me know.

PS: I also posted this question in new members intro thread, but haven't gotten any replies back on it yet....

Thanks again............

I do not know whether there is another way to backtest, but I will definitely build an EA to backtest a new strategy. Therefore, CS2000 is built.

dr.house7:
try it for 1 year

I know its not profitable over a long period of testing, because I optimized it. Do you have any better idea to improve this EA?

Here is the revised EA. Added trailing stop and signal reverse trade.

Regards,

David

Files:
cs2000_1.mq4  5 kb
Reason: