Extended_trade at RAS (ID:584) - page 3

zomg:
Extended, I would like to find out if you're using any type of hedging? Reason for it is i live in USA and the idiots at NFA decided to ban hedging. IBFX for example will not allow hedging any more sometime this month. Also what is your loss control. How big of a maximum draw down in pips should we expect. Thanks in advance.

Hi, zomg.

I don't hedge very often, but actually I do sometimes.

Hmm, that's a big problem.

Let me think of it for a while.

I'll promise you to answer your question in some time, whether I'll quit hedging or not.

Because more restrictions may emerge, maybe it's better to go to a non-NFA registered firm, but I really don't know.

In terms of loss control, I don't control it in pips.

I set a maximum draw down target in percentage from the balance, and then calculate how many pips I can lose.

So it depends on how many lots are open.

TM

Extended_TM:
Hi, zomg.

I'll promise you to answer your question in some time, whether I'll quit hedging or not.

Because more restrictions may emerge, maybe it's better to go to a non-NFA registered firm, but I really don't know.

I set a maximum draw down target in percentage from the balance, and then calculate how many pips I can lose.

TM

Choices of brokers for US residents are limited unfortunately. British brokers do no accept US customers Other than that there aren't many brokers that offer micro lots that i would trust outside of USA. Not that USA brokers are trustworthy lol but at least there is a chance of getting money back if they shut down.

i know FXDD and FXCM have already offered solutions to their customers which involved moving accounts out of NFA jurisidiction. i left IBFX mainly for this but also other reasons. just call up one of them (i prefer FXCM) and tell them you'd like to move your account to them from a competing broker. i'm sure they'll be happy to help solve this problem.

zomg:
Extended, I would like to find out if you're using any type of hedging? Reason for it is i live in USA and the idiots at NFA decided to ban hedging. IBFX for example will not allow hedging any more sometime this month. Also what is your loss control. How big of a maximum draw down in pips should we expect. Thanks in advance.

Scalp trades

Hi,

Just letting you know of results.

Your trades closed at 0 or 1 to 2 pips in profit are closed for a small loss on my account.

I'm with ALpari UK.

Ditto on the small profit trades (getting closed for small loss) would prefer if you tried for min of 5 pips, rather than 3 which might avoid getting closed for loss.

Also URGENT - there is an error in an order trying to be submitted right now: order send error 4107, error trying to send an order with invalid price 132.44800000 for order send function - jamming up my terminal with alerts.

Switch alert off.

I think the vendor need to go to RAS support. Because same error was in the end of last week.

Hi Extended,

What is your long-term Profit Factor and max drawdown for this trading system?

Thanks

Fonzy

Extended_TM:
Hi, zomg.

TM

Fonzy75:
Hi Extended,

What is your long-term Profit Factor and max drawdown for this trading system?

Thanks

Fonzy

Hi Fonzy.

Well, to tell the truth, I don't know how my strategy would perform in the longrun, as my method is always gradually changing according to the market and my experience.

I've experienced much more risky trades in the past, and concluded that what I'm doing now might be the best balanced method.

But I understand my strategy is still defintely high risk, so your question is a good one.

Hence, the performance in RAS is the only performance I can present you now.

I've attached an accurate and detailed performance until May 3rd using an indicator written by igorad.

This indicator needs some help from newdigital in order to update the result, so it's not real time performance.

Please refer to the statistics in RAS homepage for updated results.

TM

Files:
090503.gif  17 kb

Hedging

I decided to continue hedging, and the reason for the conclusion follows.

1) As NFA has announced to extend the enaction of the no "hedging" policy to July 31, I believe there is enough time for the brokers to settle a workaround.

2) Even if your broker doesn't arrange a workaround, there should be enough time to find a new broker or decide not to continue getting my signal.

3) I assume that a majority of my subscribers doesn't have a problem hedging.

4) I'm simply used to hedging and don't want to change my trading method.

Dear subscribers and potential subscribers,

If you have an opinion to my decision, please give me a private message.

A post in this thread is always welome, too.

Thanks in advance.

TM

I think when posting the weekly summary, it would be helpful to also post the floating pips position for any open trades.

Cheers

Reason: