_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 264

pacot:
Sorry for my last question, all is on first page.

In what hour or time robot get better results?

I will try it on Alpari UK:

default setting + EURGBP risk 100 , EURCHF risk 50

OpenHour = 21

CloseHour = 5

In what hour should I start EA? I read about 21 pm?

i recommend u

OpenHour = 22

CloseHour = 1

risk is ok but try it in the demo to if u are satisfied with the risk if u are watching live money trading, and if the trade is sometimes against u 15 pips or more (it happens very often)

rossi34:
YES !!!!! i agree (just your words were a bit rude ;-) )

Sometimes it is better to be rude; otherwise the people don't understand. I have a son (20 y.o.); there it helps.

Anyone have any comments on this?

I concur with the poster. What news is causing these bad trades? I don't see a correlation between any news on the indicators / calendars that would correlate with the sudden trends that have caused these losses.

Are you still sold that this is from news? Am I missing something here?

MadCow:
... Some members have suggested that news events cause Lucky to make bad trades. I thought so too, so I used an indicator to gather and plot the news events for the last 3 weeks....

Here is an image of yesterdays Lucky trades and the news plotted on the same graph. .... It does not appear to me that the news was the cause of the bad trades, .... So what was? Undoubtedly the market started to trend earlier than usual. But why did Lucky not exit with a reasonable loss?

What do you think?

Some real trading results

Dear all,

After spending lightyears reading all posts (on- and off topic..) I did some backtesting and finally let it run on a live account. You know, the one with real money. ;Attached you will find a statement that shows a net profit of +/-500 € on an account starting with 1.200 €, over a period of 4 days. I have seen worse, I should say... Some of the results include FAP Turbo and some stupid manual trades. Conclusion after this (short) period: 1. Don't touch: let it do its job, sit back and watch. 2. Trade between 21.:00 and 00:00 h. (broker time, I live in Belgium, GMT-1) 3. Watch the market volatility on M30 for the last 8 bars, from 18:00 onwards: if all is quiet, then start trading from 20:00 or whatever time that looks stable to you. I include my .set file: i trade with a fairly high risk setting: because i watch the trades, i can interfere when things should go wrong. I use different SL settings: 28 and 0. Cut your losses, if it doesn't go right within a reasonable short time after entry, it never will. (contrary to FAP Turbo, who sets a large SL, hoping that in the end, it will be allright. My experience is: it rarely does) . One question: i haven't the slightest idea what some of the input variables mean: i have found some of them explained in previous threads, but some clarification would be more than welcome. I'll try to keep on posting. PS: I use V_2b. If anybody knows a better version, please let us know. Broker is Alpari (UK), micro account. Best regards, Ludo

See my previous post

One thing I forgot to mention: i use M1, not M5 or higher as advised in some posts. M1 gave better results in backtesting. Also, I have Lucky running on an identical (small) Alpari (UK) account, but set at M5, and it get less trades. Any explanation?

Regards,

Ludo

Did you backtest on "every tick"?

rossi34:
best backtest results are with following settings:

open hour 22 close hour 0

no trading on fridays

risk setting 400 (four hundred)

max trades 5

thats only 8h a week but safe results

hi rossi34, back test result write please. or pm write me

regards,

I haven't taken a look at the code, but I am assuming it trades less because the variable it uses within the code is universally changed according to the timeperiod of your chart window.

Hence, everytime you're higher up in timeframes the less times the entry code succeeds.

ludowillems:
One thing I forgot to mention: i use M1, not M5 or higher as advised in some posts. M1 gave better results in backtesting. Also, I have Lucky running on an identical (small) Alpari (UK) account, but set at M5, and it get less trades. Any explanation?

Regards,

Ludo

For Alpari-US open/close time is same as Alpari-UK? (21-5)

And when the Damiani indicator says DO NOT TRADE is better turn off the EA no? When indicator show TRADE is the better time to turn on the robot for trade?

The robot can stop trading automatic if Damiani indicator say DO NOT TRADE?

Best regards!

Reason: