Help - Finding gaps in Metatrader

Hello,

I have a weird problem lately. I have demo account with Alpari and every time I open charts on my laptop (lets say, between night and morning), I see gaps. Is this happenning to others too? Please let me know how to fix if it is a known issue.

Your help is appreciated.

There are 2 scripts concerning it: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175375

I did not use those scripts for the long time so do not remember now about how scripts work sorry.

muyeenfx:
Hello,

I have a weird problem lately. I have demo account with Alpari and every time I open charts on my laptop (lets say, between night and morning), I see gaps. Is this happenning to others too? Please let me know how to fix if it is a known issue.

Your help is appreciated.

Gaps are markets movements. It's to have one from time to time. You should not be worried.

In fact you could use the gaps to your favor.

Linuxser:
Gaps are markets movements. It's to have one from time to time. You should not be worried. In fact you could use the gaps to your favor.

but,how can I use it ,could you tell me the method?thank you.

tzd:
but,how can I use it ,could you tell me the method?thank you.

Gaps are always filled sooner than later.

So, if you find a gap you can take a countertrade waiting for the market filling the gap.

This is on old forex strategy and works only for forex.

hi

yes gaps ussually fill by the market,if you see gap after weekend or on monday it's likely the broker shut their server off on saturday and sunday , just pay attention to this case ,coz on saturday and sunday price can be moved and you never know , use other broker platform to confirm this .

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Linuxser:
works only for forex.

I think its used on stock before forex and I think gaps best on Hangseng.

Yes I agree gap will be filled but time is unknown maybe 10minutes,maybe 1day maybe 1week or 1 year or ??? but the % gap will be filled is 81.5% I guess(as I read-dont really remember)

About "%$"

ObjectSetFiboDescription(name, j, "(" + DoubleToStr(ObjectGet(name,

OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+j)*100,1) + ")" + " - %$");

--------------------Who can tell me the use of "%$" here,thanks

Reason: