MTF support/resistance indicator - page 4

SS_SupportResistance_v04c

duanecwhite:
I was wondering if the SS_SupportResistance_v04b indicator could be modified to include email alerts?

Also, I like the fact that it includes much older support zones, but was wondering if the date of the original fractal could be include in the zone label (for instance, "Verified Support 5/12/2012 15:00 Test Count =1")?

Hi duanecwhite,

In the meantime did add email capability; I'm studying a smart way to add the dates; simply adding the date to the original string, the label become really long and I don't like it, 'cause you are forced to keep a huge shift of the chart...

I'll Keep you posted when I'll came up with a reasonable solution.

Best Regards

Awesome

Thanks for the quick reply! This should be very helpful!

brax64:
Hi duanecwhite,

In the meantime did add email capability; I'm studying a smart way to add the dates; simply adding the date to the original string, the label become really long and I don't like it, 'cause you are forced to keep a huge shift of the chart...

Best Regards

Length of text

brax64:
Hi duanecwhite,

Best Regards

I just had a thought on the length.... you could take out the "Test Count" language and simply put in a x or 1x, 3x, etc.

brax64:
Hi duanecwhite,

Best Regards

Hi brax, thanks for making the change - I hadn't noticed the request, glad you took care of it

Btw I doubt I'll want to work on the indicator anymore, so please feel free to keep adding/modifying things as needed.

Does this ss_supportresistance_v04b repaint??

Yes, but that doesn't mean what you think it means.

If an area of support/resistance is broken, the indicator will remove its rectangle as its not longer of interest.

If an area is broken but revisited from the other side and holds, ie support turned resistance or vice versa, the label and colour of the level's rectangle will change. If a level is tested multiple times the colour will also change to reflect this.

So yes, it repaints, but in ways that make sense.

Someone can post no repaint support/resistance indicator?or mtf no repaint support/resistance indicator?

Another... Support & Resistance with Box

Welcome

Can someone explain to me what the SuperSR7 and support and resistance. I know that determine support and resistance lines, unfortunately, part of that is likely to paint over the tra trend in a particular place does not have a line of resistance / support to pass some time and suddenly this line appears.Please help me in this topic that can be misinterpreted rate is another better.

Tsar:
Another... Support & Resistance with Box

tradingbigboy:
Hi,

Of the S&R indicators I really liked the KG one. But.... it was eating alot of CPU time on my quadcore. Couldn't figure out at first which indicator was the culprit. As soon as I modified the code to calculate ONLY on the open of the new bar, walla, I got my speed back. The fractal calculation each pip was killing the efficiency. There was no reason to calculate on each new pip. Here's the modified code.

Enjoy!

Tradingbigboy

Many thanks for this!