Longer Term Trend Filter

I am looking for an indicator I can use to filter out trades in the direction of the overall trend.

Something like the HLDaytrend here...

Most of the bar type trend filters I have found like the above changes too fast too quickly.

It would be great to use an overbought/oversold oscillator and only take trades in the pullbacks of a longer term trend.

Just by taking trades in only the direction of a higher time frame trend can be much more profitable but it is easy to forget this when visually backtesting a potential strategy.

Thanks xard777, just what I am looking for.

4 Hr CCI bar is also a good long term trend filter.

Files:

agisthos:
I am looking for an indicator I can use to filter out trades in the direction of the overall trend.

Something like the HLDaytrend here...

Most of the bar type trend filters I have found like the above changes too fast too quickly.

It would be great to use an overbought/oversold oscillator and only take trades in the pullbacks of a longer term trend.

Just by taking trades in only the direction of a higher time frame trend can be much more profitable but it is easy to forget this when visually backtesting a potential strategy.

İt looks like to me there is no clear concise entry-exit in this system.Thoose arrows have been put on randomly, please correct me f I am wrong.

xard777:
Hi There, Xard777

Do you have the code for those two, I tried them and they hung MT4?

hi

try RSI or MA with bigger parameter to filter

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

xard777:
Hi There,

Try this...

Using a 4hr chart with a nonlagma set to 50 and a hma set to 9.

Enclosed files...just change settings to suit.

Hope this is of help

Xard777

Do you have the .mq4 files for these two files. Actually while changing the timeframe... the width of the lines revert back to Very thick lines. I just need to make the width to be 2 for both of them. That's all.

Thank you for making these available.

The HLtrigger indicator looks like a reverse fisher indicator which can be found on this forum or in S$C Magazine, youll have to do the searching.

Keit

agisthos:

Hi There,

Try this...

Using a 4hr chart with a nonlagma set to 50 and a hma set to 9.

Enclosed files...just change settings to suit.

Hope this is of help

Xard777

jturns23 #:

4 Hr CCI bar is also a good long term trend filter.

Don't you have for mt5.... 

bw8000 #: Don't you have for mt5.... 

Search for it (CodeBase or Market). Do you expect us to do your research for you?

Reason: