Suggestion to forum admins - page 13

Private groups

I have some questions about Groups.

Groups are a new feature on the forum. It could be public, private and moderated.

Private does not mind that anybody will not see your messages. It's private because you need an invitation to enter to the group. It's like your own private section for you and your friends with the exception than anybody could read bu not post.

You can select which kind of group you want to have.

To create a group just follow the pictures (and the lime rectangle)

Pictures and Albums

You could add pictures to your post on the groups. To do that you need to create some Album. This is another new feature of the forum.

Follow the pictures...

Go back to your group, create a new message and click on the picture icon. then paste the link you already copied.

After click on picture icon a windows like this one will be opened and you should paste the link there. It's close to Flikr or Imageshak and that kind of services.

You have now a message with a picture to keep discussing with your group friends.

Hello,

Billbss mentioned a problem I have as well, when going to download an attachment a page of ASCII can appear. It doesn't happen often, but today was an example.

Also, is there an idle timeout that will automatically log out? If so, where can I change this setting? I find while writing a reply I sometimes have to log again.

Thank you for this forum, very technical and well kept

codobro:
Hello,

Billbss mentioned a problem I have as well, when going to download an attachment a page of ASCII can appear. It doesn't happen often, but today was an example.

Also, is there an idle timeout that will automatically log out? If so, where can I change this setting? I find while writing a reply I sometimes have to log again.

Thank you for this forum, very technical and well kept

I don't have any problem with the logon time. If you have cookies enabled you shouldn't have any problem.

About the ascii problem maybe is because you have a problem with your browser. Maybe accidentally you've set the browser to open mql4 files.

Also, remember to tick the Remember Me? option.

See my picture about Firefox config to manage mql4 files.

Besides you can try to:

1. Right click on some mql4 file.
  2. Choose open with... (you must see the metaeditor icon between others)
  3. Click on Choose a program
  4. Select Metaeditor and tick the Always Use The Selected Option to....
  5. Ok.

Also,where you be with your browser you can right click over the file link and select Save as...

Files:
app.jpg  35 kb

Linuxser

Thanks for the post on how to start a group. looks interesting.

Keit

cockeyedcowboy:
Linuxser

Thanks for the post on how to start a group. looks interesting.

Keit

You welcome. Try to start one for you and your friends

(friends are another forum new feature)

Friends and Contacts

From the FAQ: What is the difference between a friend and a contact?

A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?

Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?

There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.

The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.

To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.

• From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.
  • In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.
  • In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Contacts popup" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.

And here we go. I have many friends and I decide to send a PM to a couple of them:

I see who is online and who is not:

I select a couple of them to PM about the free beer party on my apartments on next Saturday night.

And a PM window with all contacts is opened after click on PM User

What is flooding and trolling?

I can't find those terms in the rules.

Linuxser:
I have some questions about Groups.

Groups are a new feature on the forum. It could be public, private and moderated.

Private does not mind that anybody will not see your messages. It's private because you need an invitation to enter to the group. It's like your own private section for you and your friends with the exception than anybody could read bu not post.

You can select which kind of group you want to have.

To create a group just follow the pictures (and the lime rectangle)

Can Admins read the content of these groups even if they are not a member?

I just want to know how private they really are.

Muchas gracias.

Reason: