++ FXBox (a way to gain more than pips) ++ - page 5

hi

Linuxser:
And 15 minutes before one box isn't paying at all. Only one miss option looks good with RR but due to nature to NFP the risky is insane.

what's the result for today NFP ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
what's the result for today NFP ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Hypothetical results for hit half hour before the news (touch) 257.78 with 200 invested, net 57.78.

But 15 minutes before the news we did not set the hit option below the price because there was not payment offered. Market is smart. Also, if we had choose "miss" (not touch) we only had losers, -200.

That's why it's hard to me understand how to set the boxes 15 minutes before the news.

As experience I know options needs to be traded with enough time before the strike/barried price. A couple of hours before for intraday or better a couple of days before.

Otherwise the volatility will be fully included within the option and we don't have money to collect.

Initial options tutorial.

Next week I wish Euro touches this box.

First Box premium was a little high with 2:1 RR but I have one week to setup the counter trade option.

Second Box is with 7:1 RR but because nobody believes Euro touching these levels for within two weeks. That's why the high RR.

news trade preperation

ok,

back again.

today unemployment rate NZD. at 22:45 GMT.

i expect high impact. the past charts tell me this. i hope that i get a flat market before news release and hope after release not a ranging price action.

i love high impacts with a rocket price longer than 10 minutes.

to be with me step by step.

login to prepare the box. this means:

draw and set the values of the missbox before 22:35 GMT. mostly i hit the submit button 20 seconds before the 15 minute barrier (startdate of box), because of network lag etc.

set the missbox for the start date at : 22:50 (5 minutes after news release)

set the missbox for the end date at : 22:55.

the pip range set to : 10 pips (minimum)

the height of the box adjust before hit the submit button.

important: place the box infront of the mid-price. not above and not below.

i hope this was understandable enough. :-)

PriNova

there are 3 other news releases with high impact for today.

nice box trade

oh no. oanda do not allow box trading for this pair.

damn.

if you did it with EUR/USD you get for 100US$ boxprice a payment of nearly 330US$. this is a profit of 230US$.

not bad.

PriNova:
oh no. oanda do not allow box trading for this pair.

damn.

if you did it with EUR/USD you get for 100US$ boxprice a payment of nearly 330US$. this is a profit of 230US$.

not bad.

Hello,

I miss this one but I've catched two misses today and one hit. Maybe we do not need to wait to high impact news but is where the high RR is. Otherwise the payment is 1:1.5 most of the time.

But with a good idea about intraday strategies it would be nicer to trade European Open and Us News.

Update

Well, I lost one here but by only two days but it was compensated by a previous hit. Hedging with options is a good way to keep us safe.

Resale the option sometimes pays for cover the premium payment and it's another point to include in our portfolio.

Files:

Playing with these "box options" you have to remember several things:

- they are far from real options

- they are managed 100% internally by Oanda

- Oanda calculates itself the different probabilities and the associated the risk / reward ratio

- the calculations are made "live"

So 2 possibilities:

- Oanda's calculation are correct and in the long run they will win anyway

- Oanda's calculation are incorrect and there is an edge that you can get: if it so, Oanda will find it out at some point and will correct the "problem".

So even if you are able to find an inefficiency aftern several hundred or thousand of hours spend analysing the box options, Oanda can removed it in a blink of an eye and you are back at the start.

Of course you can always hope that you will be the only one to find the inefficiency and that Oanda will not notice it. But I think that the risk / reward ratio is not in your favour for this matter.

So my main point is that IMHO it is not worth to spend many hours to master a matter where the rules can change any second.

jlpi:
Playing with these "box options" you have to remember several things:

- they are far from real options

- they are managed 100% internally by Oanda

- Oanda calculates itself the different probabilities and the associated the risk / reward ratio

- the calculations are made "live"

So 2 possibilities:

- Oanda's calculation are correct and in the long run they will win anyway

- Oanda's calculation are incorrect and there is an edge that you can get: if it so, Oanda will find it out at some point and will correct the "problem".

So even if you are able to find an inefficiency aftern several hundred or thousand of hours spend analysing the box options, Oanda can removed it in a blink of an eye and you are back at the start.

Of course you can always hope that you will be the only one to find the inefficiency and that Oanda will not notice it. But I think that the risk / reward ratio is not in your favour for this matter.

So my main point is that IMHO it is not worth to spend many hours to master a matter where the rules can change any second.

Hi,

I fully agree with you.

But I' m not looking for some market inefficiency as the plain word means. Just using basic model to find some interesting equation and set the box.

I'm also testing SaxoBank software which is more reliable but I haven't enough time to fully understand the platform.

I like to think I'm trading just calls, puts and digital or binary options. The oanda box is close to this idea that's why I'm using it and the account does not have time limit

We don't have many tools (platforms) to maintain a thread about options, just oanda and saxo.

Just to let everyone know this "trading system" of using Oanda Box Options around news events is old news. I bought it as an eBook about two years ago and I doubt the op created it himself.

About 12 months ago you could get huge payouts around news events. I remember one NFP release when they were paying out 250% on a miss box. It was sweeeeet!

As the previous poster correctly noted, Oanda has since caught on and now you will be lucky to get a payout greater then 50% of your purchase price. I did all of the backtests and math awhile back and figured you need a payout of at least 80% to make this bet work in your favor.

There may be some other ways to trade with these boxes that are profitable but around news events its been killed by Oanda.

Reason: