Wanted

i am currently putting a trend following trading system togeather to share with this forum, so that we can all improve it. i am currently getting good results with it i am just trying to fine tune it. i am realatively new to forex but have been trading stocks with Tech analysis for years.

sofar the system is a cannibalisation of the "Synergy system" (can be downloaded at compassfx.com) the XO system, and some other random indicators thrown in.

the indicator has been quite successful so far and i have been making about 50 pips a day the last 2 days

the main buy signal is coming from a modified Traders dynamic index, which has this added signal line on it which gives amazing signals, and for confirmation i have 3 or 4 different histogram type indicators and when they all cross zero at relatively the same time (within 5 bars), and in the same direction as the Traders dynamic index, this is a confirmation. i have other confirming indicators as well.

------

so basically why i made this thread is, i want to know what you guys think about using the histograms as confirmation, from your experience is this as effective method?. what other methaods / indicators would you reccomend for confirmation of a beginning of a trend?

the real problem i am having is when i have a position in a trend but i sell on a retracement because my indicators will say its a reversal.

also when i get indicated that a trend is forming and i buy in but it only lasts 3-10 bars and doesnt really go anywhere. the "Future Predicting indicator" and "trend tellers" have helped reduce getting into positions of 5 or less bar long trends but i am still having trouble with the trends longer then that, but that dont go anywhere. i have tried volatility indicators but they havent seemed to work.

-----------------------------

Short Version:

im making a trading system to post on this site so we can all improve on it, but it isnt done yet. sofar it is doing good but still has some problems, and i am looking for some good confirmation indicators. read the blue text for a explaination of what i need.

also i am looking for all the "XO" indicators i can find, especially the ones not in the picture i posted. and yes i checked the XO method thread.

gimme so good trend finding/following/reversal indicators. i especially want ones that arent so sensitive to retracement. i know that is like asking for the holy grail.

sorry for the essay

Files:

While I commend you if you can maintain profitability, my first impression is that you are using far too many indicators, that your screen is too busy, and that (therefore) making substantive improvements will turn out to be a process of adding layer upon layer of conditional logic. The result will be an EA that is so complicated that it cannot be understood.

yes, i agree, this is one of the problems i have been trying to solve, while at the sametime maintaining profitabillity.

as you can see 5 of the indicators are histograms, 4 being for confirmation. and then there is two "forex trend" indicators one being more sensitive and less sensitive, this has been good for keeping position open during retracements.

getting rid of some or all of the histograms in favor of a better confirmation method would really clear up some room, and getting rig of the more sensitive forex trend indicator is no sweat as well. i could probably get rid of the CCI filter which is the second indicator from the top, and one of the XO indicators at the bottom, whith little or none ill effect

i would like to suggest u to make it more simple and easier...to many indicator will make your brain crash when you trade

UPDATE: i have trimmed the excess fat so to speak, and this is what i am at rightnow

What you are doing in case of repainting indicators?

Because it is M5 timeframe ...

I saw at least 1 indicator from your chart which is re-painted.

I am asking because I traded re-paining indicators for M5 timeframe and I understand that it is very difficult: we can use their signal as a warning only. Not as signals for confirmation or to enter.

Do you use some special technique?

which indicator are you refering to that repaints?

i assume you are talking about the fisher yur4ik, yes i realized it does repaint, i have now removed this indicator and modified the system some more and instead of the fisher yurik i am using a non repainting "ehlers fisher transform" and a version of the fisher i got from "feb2000"'s post called fisher_m11 which also doesnt repaint and it a great indicator, i am currently testing my new version of the system and will post results and a pic of the system

nikolaou:
which indicator are you refering to that repaints? i assume you are talking about the fisher yur4ik, yes i realized it does repaint, i have now removed this indicator and modified the system some more and instead of the fisher yurik i am using a non repainting "ehlers fisher transform" and a version of the fisher i got from "feb2000"'s post called fisher_m11 which also doesnt repaint and it a great indicator, i am currently testing my new version of the system and will post results and a pic of the system

Have you also checked FxTrend?

nikolaou:
i am currently putting a trend following trading system togeather to share with this forum, so that we can all improve it. i am currently getting good results with it i am just trying to fine tune it. i am realatively new to forex but have been trading stocks with Tech analysis for years.

sofar the system is a cannibalisation of the "Synergy system" (can be downloaded at compassfx.com) the XO system, and some other random indicators thrown in.

the indicator has been quite successful so far and i have been making about 50 pips a day the last 2 days

the main buy signal is coming from a modified Traders dynamic index, which has this added signal line on it which gives amazing signals, and for confirmation i have 3 or 4 different histogram type indicators and when they all cross zero at relatively the same time (within 5 bars), and in the same direction as the Traders dynamic index, this is a confirmation. i have other confirming indicators as well.

------

so basically why i made this thread is, i want to know what you guys think about using the histograms as confirmation, from your experience is this as effective method?. what other methaods / indicators would you reccomend for confirmation of a beginning of a trend?

the real problem i am having is when i have a position in a trend but i sell on a retracement because my indicators will say its a reversal.

also when i get indicated that a trend is forming and i buy in but it only lasts 3-10 bars and doesnt really go anywhere. the "Future Predicting indicator" and "trend tellers" have helped reduce getting into positions of 5 or less bar long trends but i am still having trouble with the trends longer then that, but that dont go anywhere. i have tried volatility indicators but they havent seemed to work.

-----------------------------

Short Version:

im making a trading system to post on this site so we can all improve on it, but it isnt done yet. sofar it is doing good but still has some problems, and i am looking for some good confirmation indicators. read the blue text for a explaination of what i need.

also i am looking for all the "XO" indicators i can find, especially the ones not in the picture i posted. and yes i checked the XO method thread.

gimme so good trend finding/following/reversal indicators. i especially want ones that arent so sensitive to retracement. i know that is like asking for the holy grail.

sorry for the essay

Woooah, that's a pretty picture you got there mate.

forexmoments:
Woooah, that's a pretty picture you got there mate.

forexmoments,

you want to have more posts as newdigital?

b.

WOW, how the hell are you going to trade that..

A man wears 2 watches he tells 2 times..Funny stuff bro..nice colours,

Reason: