Converting EAs to MQL5

Converting EAs to MQL5

Has anyone heard anything on a release date for mql5 stuff? I want to begin taking a look at it as soon as possible. I'm assuming that the Automated Championship 2008 will be run on the mt5 platform.

Interesting, thanks for the link. It would appear that MQL5 will have more data classes and will run faster - yawn... Wishful thinking to hope they might have added even rudimentary debugging features, I suppose...

I'm not looking forward to MT5 at all. MT4 is already plenty fast, and I think most people don't even use all the capability of MT4 now.

Besides converting to new MT5 would take time, and then troubleshoot/debug again...seems like a lot of wasted time for a little more speed.

What I want to see is a reliable tester...

Thats progress.

jbfx:
I'm not looking forward to MT5 at all. MT4 is already plenty fast, and I think most people don't even use all the capability of MT4 now. Besides converting to new MT5 would take time, and then troubleshoot/debug again...seems like a lot of wasted time for a little more speed.

I'm not very concerned with any speed improvements (though I do often run tests that go for 4-8 hours on my dual Opeterons when researching many trading systems). However, adding structures and classes are absolutely something to get excited over IMHO. When creating simple systems, the lack of structures can sometimes be a nuisance, but when creating complex or large systems, the lack of any customizable structure is absolutely crippling. Although many people may not like the idea of converting from MQL4 to MQL5, I for one am more than willing to do the conversion.

One thing to note is that the actual conversion from MQL4 to MQL5 should not require much modification at all. MQL4 is basically a very limited version of C. MQL5 is positioning to be a very close replication of C++. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they don't change the built-in functions they've provided and that most MQL4 code will run without modification on the MT5 platform. That assumes they don't change the functions they use in MQL4.

-MRE-

I would like to see strategy testing on multiple currencies at same time so you can backtest strategies like hedging.

Expert Advisors - Metatrader 5

Hi everyone!

I guess most of you aren't aware just yet but MetaQuotes is about to release MQL5 language and MT5 platform. "Woo-hoo" for all the programmers - you'll have to learn the language again this time the language gets closer to C++ (duh). C++ programmers - rejoice! Now moving expert advisors from C++ to MQL5 will be easier! Testers! Rejoice! If you, just like me, have a quad-core CPU, you'll be really happy (yes, just like me!) to know that MT5 Strategy Tester will run several times faster, will be more optimized and will support multi-threading. What does this geek stuff mean to a non-geek person? It won't make you smarter, won't make your EA suddenly start making millions, but at least we'll spend days instead of years on testing and will be able to make more complex EAs.

Oh, and please don't forget to start a new forum!

"Expert Advisors - Metatrader 5" (and others)

More information can be found here:

Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5 - MQL4 forum

MT5 platform is still under development but the language (MQL5) is soon going to be released to the public (this way or another).

Yes, NewDigital, you are free to delete this thread as soon as you make a new forum(s)

Shinigami:
...Yes, NewDigital, you are free to delete this thread as soon as you make a new forum(s)

Too early. Just hope it will not be immediately: brokers will announce this MT5, few (may be more ...) bugs will be fixed in MT5, and after that only we will have to convert something like 300 MT4 EAs to MT5 hoping that it will be the same performance as with MT4 (or more profitable) ...

If it will be the same case as from MT3 to MT4 so we will have 4 or 8 months after announcements untill the traders/coders will understand about what to do.

Reason: