John Crane Swing Trading Cycles...

I was looking at the EURUSD weekly chart practicing using John Crane's Turning Point Indicator and I came up with a top in the EUR sometime around 4/28/2013. Is that right?

A=7/27/1997

C=12/26/2004

D=11/27/2005

C to A = 2709 days

D to Turn Date = 4/28/2013

Has anybody studied how his take on cycles work?

Files:

JOHN CRANE uses count bar from action market to get reaction market

John Crane

If anyone knows his indicator... I have read his first book several times and am wondering if I did this correctly.

You must not have read the complete book. My guess you only read a few pages.

go back to the part where john explains how to find the center of the trend, draw your lines and start counting the bars

Files:
jcrane.jpg  108 kb

Ok.

Ok, you have the daily on your chart... I'm looking at weekly.

And yes I read the complete book several times and watched the video several times.

Foreverold:
You must not have read the complete book. My guess you only read a few pages. go back to the part where john explains how to find the center of the trend, draw your lines and start counting the bars

Technical analysis is great untill it doesn't work...

All these techniques are nice, but there is no one in the worldthat can know exactly when or where the market will reverse. Especially when you talk about years...

tznef:
All these techniques are nice, but there is no one in the worldthat can know exactly when or where the market will reverse. Especially when you talk about years...

To be honest, you cannot imagine how how accurate Cranes system is.

but his system is not about finding the reversal day, but potential days for the market to reverse. As Crane says in his book ,

"a reversal day does not mean the market will turn, it could go sideways, or continue in the same direction."

If you keep that in mind you will find days that the market will trend, Days ,weeks even months in advance. But if you know what day this will happen, you will also find that some news report is going to be released on that day, this will also narrow the time for your entry

Wouldn't be nice to be prepared a few days in advance for a move like in the picture

Files:
cad.jpg  253 kb

Where is the John Crane swing trade topic

Where is the John Crane swing trade topic?

Here BBS may have one, need a link Thanks

this is the 1st time i heard about john crane..so i checked for some help on the net and got this...

John Crane - Advanced Swing Trading

dowjones:
this is the 1st time i heard about john crane..so i checked for some help on the net and got this... John Crane - Advanced Swing Trading

I received that book as a sales promo a few years ago. was not to impressed with it. Its nothing more then an Andrews pitchfork.

For trend reversals, very simple. Look at the pic. All you need is to set the Center of Gravity to 10 months back or so on the dailies (240 bars). When price gets the heck out of sinc, you've got a very good chance things are turning around (past the green resistance lines). Not that this will tell you the future, but it's definitely a warning sign. This pic was taken yesterday or the day before, can't remember, but it's very recent:

I experienced something similar last year about this time (July) with many pairs and remember what happened?

Happy trading friends,

Reason: