Join the Dots. - page 5

mp6140:

NOW, having had a good time here, allow me to present you with a small token of my appreciation ------ demo first until you are secure, but I place a one lot hedge on GU at exactly 8PM, EST for 10 pips each direction WITHOUT A STOP LOSS !

Sniff at it if you wish, but its earning $1000 per week, using ONE lot per side per day and let me see now, in a year, how much is that and how much beer can you buy ?

enjoy and trade well

mp

Hey MP

8PM EST, what do I use in the following two brokers please?

IBFX - ????

FXDD - ????

Thanks

Wayne

KaMpeR:
Hey MP

IBFX - ????

FXDD - ????

Thanks

Wayne

I don't think the broker makes a difference bro, 8pm est is 8pm est. You will just have to adjust to what time zone you live in. For example, I live in cst which is 1 hr behind est so I would enter market at 7pm my time.

If you want to go gmt, eastern time zone is gmt -5 I believe, so 8pm est is 1 am gmt.

Also, thanks go to Ferru for coding an alert and email alert in swing ZZ! Makes us lazy trader's days easier.

lepiricus:
I don't think the broker makes a difference bro, 8pm est is 8pm est. You will just have to adjust to what time zone you live in. For example, I live in cst which is 1 hr behind est so I would enter market at 7pm my time.

If you want to go gmt, eastern time zone is gmt -5 I believe, so 8pm est is 1 am gmt.

Also, thanks go to Ferru for coding an alert and email alert in swing ZZ! Makes us lazy trader's days easier.

Thanks Lep, man these time zones get confusing at times . Especially for us older buggers. :-)

OK, so I live in South Africa, GMT+2, so I'd trade at 03H00, correct?

KaMpeR:
Hey MP

IBFX - ????

FXDD - ????

Thanks

Wayne

IBFX's server time is based on GMT, so set it to open trade at 1am.

I'm not sure about FXDD.

One easy way of determining this is to switch on your FXDD Metatrader at 8pm EST (3am your time, Wayne). On the "Market Watch" panel there is a clock which shows your broker's server time. Note this down and enter the same figure in the EA.

Talking about the EA, the one I've posted earlier has errors in it. I will repost the corrected EA once I've debug it.

MP6140, could you post what versions of Barry support and resistant indicators you are using. I have 3 of them, and they all look a bit different on a chart.

The one I use the most is BPS support an resistance 2,posted below

lepiricus:
MP6140, could you post what versions of Barry support and resistant indicators you are using. I have 3 of them, and they all look a bit different on a chart. The one I use the most is BPS support an resistance 2,posted below

======================================================

i think they are mostly the same, with some changes in the dots vs triangles and such, but heres the one ive been using.

ea

ross:
Do you have an EA for this? Seems simple enough...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Are you sure it happened just once in few years? I don;t think so. What happens when it goes 200 pips against you. How many wins do u need to recover that, doesn;t look so good does it? But thanks.

mp6140:
===========================================

above situation has happened only once in a few years --- it went one day and then closed --- we continued trading the next day, as if nothing had happened !

i do tend to check the charts to make sure there is enough headroom and bottom room for the 10 pips, but at 8pm, est there usually is, as major activity occurs overnight, during the asian market and into the opening of the european market. Seems to be reason it works, because of two markets volitility and it only being 10 pips each way ! If all else fails, then we have the US market to shake some things up.

the idea is based on how a forex trend, once broken by news or the jolly green giant stepping on the chart, wants to return to whence it came once daytraders have had their fun ! It is graciously aided by wide range that GU usually works in !

enjoy and trade well

mp

BUT PLEASE CONFIRM WITH DEMOING before doing ~!

mp

FXBabe:
Are you sure it happened just once in few years? I don;t think so. What happens when it goes 200 pips against you. How many wins do u need to recover that, doesn;t look so good does it? But thanks.

200 pips at 10 pips per win and 2 wins a day. I am just guessing here, but I think it would take about 20 wins which could happen in 10 trading days to offset 200 pip loss. I am not so good with math though .

lepiricus:
200 pips at 10 pips per win and 2 wins a day. I am just guessing here, but I think it would take about 20 wins which could happen in 10 trading days to offset 200 pip loss. I am not so good with math though .

======================================================

Its such a simple little mechanical trade that its certainly not a subject to argue, as it was just a throw away for me, but the one time it was down was 120 pips (which is normal for GU and the reason I dont use a stop loss), which recovered the following day --- all I ever said was to demo it, so instead of discussing (which I hate with a passion) just put it on a chart and see for yourself, but PLEASE spare me the negatives of something youve not even tested !

If it goes against you, while youre bored, take a counter trade to offset the margin and make profit on one side, and when it comes back up, which it will do, youll already have a tp set !

the trade is based on a statisticly repeatable situation assisted by the wide range that GU plays in combined with a repeatable reversal period, which i have discovered exists at least one more definite time in the day, with a possibility of using a few more minor reversal points, and im presently investigating them to see if its workable --- if you choose to demo this, which you really should, by the time youve satisfied yourself that the one works, I should have a yay or neigh on the second !

aint no skin off my nose

mp

Reason: