Join the Dots. - page 4

Thanks for the system....

To those who trade this, from my experience, the ZigZag and Float will repaint only if you flip back and forth between timeframes or profiles. I just leave my charts up all day as is.

cmartin371:
Kamper, Do you ever take trades against the histo? IT seems to keep you out of a lot of "Good" trades.

Hi Cmartin

Nope, I don't.

I learnt a long time ago that when you mess with stuff against the trend it hurts, if not immediately, it will eventually.

I'm a bit of a ninny when it comes to losing money, or in the case of trading against the trend, giving it away.

Cheers

Wayne

skyline:
Really simple and profitable method , good job Kamper !

Thanks G.

Hope Friday is treating you well and that you will have a little time this weekend?

Cheers

Wayne

azmel:
Ross,

Hi, I'm just learning to write MQL4, so the following code might just do the trick. Lots is the amount of lots you want to trade, TimeToOpen is your broker time equivalent to 8pm EST. For example for InterbankFX this time will be 1, for Alpari this will be 2, and so on.

This EA is very simple (I'm just learning), so it could work or it could not. Give it a try and let me know.

extern double Lots = 1;

extern int TimeToOpen = 1;

extern int Magic = 54288;

if (OrdersTotal()==0 && Hour()==TimeToOpen)

{

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,5,0,Ask+10*Point,"mp6140",Magic,0,Blue);

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Ask,5,0,Ask+10*Point,"mp6140",Magic,0,Red);

}

You can add the following for closing orders at 8pm

if(Hour()==TimeToOpen-1&&Minute()>55&&OrdersTotal()>0)

{

for (int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)

{

OrderSelect( i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES );

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,5,Violet);

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,5,Violet);

}

}

Let us know how the backtests go

I played the eur/jpy short today on the 4hr for 150 pips. Could have let it ride more but didn't want to keep it open over the weekend.

Possible suggestions for SL and TP's...

SL at 1X ATR and TP at 2X ATR

OR

SL at 1X ATR and TP at next dot or leg of the zigzag. Doing it this way would bring your winning percentage down, however, the trades that are profitable would be larger. SL's and TP's are a personal preference. Whatever works for you.

InTrance:
You can add the following for closing orders at 8pm

if(Hour()==TimeToOpen-1&&Minute()>55&&OrdersTotal()>0)

{

for (int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)

{

OrderSelect( i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES );

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid,5,Violet);

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Ask,5,Violet);

}

}

Let us know how the backtests go

can anyone finish this EA?

Alerts

KaMpeR:

Long Trades

When Mega Trend and Trend Histo are both blue, trade any Red dot that appears as soon as the dot appears, do not wait for the end of the candle.

Short Trades

When Mega Trend and Trend Histo are both Red, trade any Blue dot that appears as soon as the dot appears, do not wait for the end of the candle.

You say " as soon as the dot appears", do you watch for the dots or do you have an alert? An alert would be nice LOL...

namakuli:
can anyone finish this EA?

I think we are hijacking KaMpeR's thread by developing mp6140's EA here.

If there is enough support and interest among us to further develop mp6140's EA, I think we should open a new thread at the Expert Advisor's section to continue developing this EA.

Swing_ZZ with Alert - Thanks to FerruFX.

dwt1020:
You say " as soon as the dot appears", do you watch for the dots or do you have an alert? An alert would be nice LOL...

Here is the indicator with an alert. Thanks must go to FerruFX for the modification.

Files:

azmel:
I think we are hijacking KaMpeR's thread by developing mp6140's EA here. If there is enough support and interest among us to further develop mp6140's EA, I think we should open a new thread at the Expert Advisor's section to continue developing this EA.

It's no problem at all, I'm happy for both to exist on one thread. :-)

Reason: