Testing indicators info please - page 3

newdigital:
I went to their russian forums and they stopped discussion. It worked for them but I can not rum it now. May be i am having many oibrary files and they are [preventing the trading simulation... may be something with build 211 ... I will try to look at this after New Year with completely new copy of Metatrader. I used it many times and i want to use so I will look at this. After New year (in January).

Many thanks ND... we are ALL cheering for you to succeed in it... and we'll be checking here for the latest news...

simulation trading?? so how is it margin call nearby when u were offline...??

newdigital:
It is the errors of keyboard (may be you pressed b or s several times, your you are having problems with keyboard ...). It is explanation from the code of this EA.

Download EA and library file from post #9.

And allow dll should be on in Metatrader.

After using the setup for several days the results it shows are different to real time actuals , which renders it a bit useless

Newdigital,

this "Visual_Handle_Tranning_51_4.mq4" is actually working for me, but I'm getting error msgs in MT's Journal tab, and A LOT of its, every second (or tick?). Log file is huge!

In russian: Ошибка в формате поля Оисание. Поле востановлено!!!

translated with Babel Fish:

Error in the size of field Oisaniye. Field vostanovleno!!!

Do you have any ideas what that means?

Thanks in advance!

beerhunter:
Newdigital,

this "Visual_Handle_Tranning_51_4.mq4" is actually working for me, but I'm getting error msgs in MT's Journal tab, and A LOT of its, every second (or tick?). Log file is huge!

In russian: Ошибка в формате поля Оисание. Поле востановлено!!!

translated with Babel Fish:

Error in the size of field Oisaniye. Field vostanovleno!!!

Do you have any ideas what that means?

Thanks in advance!

Error within the field of Description. Field was restored.

newdigital:
How to trade.

So, the chart is moving, everything is going on and under controll. Now we need to understand about how to trade.

1. Open buy or sell orders.

Press b on keybord for buy and s for sell.

Visually you must see buy or sell arrow on the testing chart.

For example, I pressed b and I see the following (i just added b key for this image):

2. Modify the order for stop loss and take profit.

- Press pause

before pressing pause (chart is moving)

after pressing pause (chart is not moving)

- double click on arrow (buy or sell arrow)

before

after "double click"

I set this up to test an EA but I get no trades opening, is there some parameter you have to turn on for EA action?

newdigital:
As we know we are having this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (trading simulator and backtester if manual systems/indicators). It is a little bit complicated to use. So I found the other one: klot - MQL4 Code Base

Hi newdigital

The site for this simulator is in Russian, I have it working but I want to test a 4TF indicator and it only works on the first bar, do you know any way to get 4 bars working?

Thanks

Codebase article?

I did not try it for the long time ...

It was translated: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Also - I remember one Canadian program was posted on the forum (in English language). Can not find it now sorry.

Reason: