Tester: Feature Request

Dear MetaQuotes-Team,

I would be very, very pleased if it would be possible to add an extra line of statistics (or maybe even some lines) to the optimization results of the tester. 

During optimization (grid optimizations done by hand) I'm interested in average values for most of the columns, e.g. the average of all profits. Other (easy) statistics could be: min. / max. value and if you would like to still extend the stats you could go into std. dev. etc.

Cheers!

Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

Plymo:

Dear MetaQuotes-Team,

I would be very, very pleased if it would be possible to add an extra line of statistics (or maybe even some lines) to the optimization results of the tester. 

During optimization (grid optimizations done by hand) I'm interested in average values for most of the columns, e.g. the average of all profits. Other (easy) statistics could be: min. / max. value and if you would like to still extend the stats you could go into std. dev. etc.

Cheers!

I made the same request. The answer was to use OnTester() function to calculate the measures that I'm interested in.

Enigma71fx:
I made the same request. The answer was to use OnTester() function to calculate the measures that I'm interested in. 

Hi, I am aware of the OnTester() function, but I don't see how this will support my request!

I'm interested in collecting and averaging information of different tests of one optimization run (either complete or genetic).
My problem is, I havn't found a way of initiating a test from MQL5 (in that case I would be the recipient of the OnTester() value)
or am I overlooking something here?

Cheers!

Rosh:
You should write to Servicedesk

Hi Rosh,

thanks, I will do that!

Cheers!

Enigma71fx:

Hi Enigma,

I have given it a second thought and now I can see how I could get this information.
After each test run one should use OnTester() to record some value in a TerminalVariable and then use scripts to read out these values and other scripts to reset the variables for the next optimization.

OK, I see how it might be done, but nevertheless it is pretty awkward (/clumsy) and moreover I would rather be able to influence the testing pattern myself. I will write a feature request for that to the service desk as well.

Cheers!

Plymo:

Hi Enigma,

I have given it a second thought and now I can see how I could get this information.
After each test run one should use OnTester() to record some value in a TerminalVariable and then use scripts to read out these values and other scripts to reset the variables for the next optimization.

OK, I see how it might be done, but nevertheless it is pretty awkward (/clumsy) and moreover I would rather be able to influence the testing pattern myself. I will write a feature request for that to the service desk as well.

Cheers!

Can you post an example of how you are combining everything together to accomplish your goal. I am interested in doing something similar and this is the first hint in how I might be able to do it.
Reason: